Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
  • Indifferent
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Long weekend? For who exactly? Lmao 🤣

Been dealing with a fairly massive plumbing issue over at my parents' rental property. The water company shut off the water on Tuesday night for repairs and when they turned it back on the vibration from the air bleeding out of the pipes caused the corroded 1/2" copper supply lines in the basement to pinhole all over the place. Basically all of the pipes in the basement need to be replaced. So I took off work yesterday, today and tomorrow so I can get it fixed. I've got it about halfway done. Then I've got a lot of drywall repair to do because I've basically had to rip out the whole ceiling. Both sides of the house are occupied with tenants so it's kind of a priority.

Also I had to build an enclosure for my chickens. I still need to build a coop, if I'm lucky I'll get to that this weekend.

The Lacrosse wouldn't start on Monday, it wasn't a big deal but it needed a new battery and the alternator needed rebuilt. Wound up costing a few hundred dollars though.

Also the truck still has no dash in it and I need to get ahold of my glass guy so he can replace the windshield which hopefully will take care of the leaks.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You better get busy, you have fun stuff that needs done too! That seems to be how every week goes for me, except I don't take off work and work late a lot.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
1 week reprieve, granted. Then back to cool stuff.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sure am glad you got chickens. Seems like you don't have anything to do! 🤣

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Sure am glad you got chickens. Seems like you don't have anything to do! 🤣

Oh I pretty much just sit around with my thumb up my *ss most of the time :roll:

With the chickens it's really just the startup that is a lot of work and it wouldn't even be that big of a deal had this fiasco over at the rental property not happened at the same time the chicks outgrew the brooder.

I'll feel a lot better once I get this plumbing sh*t done and out of the way but I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else right now. I really want to get my truck back together and of course I want to work on the Buick, but I can't even begin to think about it. I'm just stressed out, tired out, sore and irritable.

Nov 4, 2012
Suck it up, Buttercup! :p

Easy to say when you aren't the one doing the work! :mrgreen:

Anyways things went a lot smoother at the rental property today. I've got just about all the pipe run, I put extra 1/4 turn shutoff valves in all over the place so that any future leaks can be isolated without shutting off the whole house. The only thing I still have to do is run the pipes for the two laundry tubs and then all the plumbing will be done. I'm using a pro press which makes things a lot easier than soldering. Once I finish up the plumbing I have to reinstall some ductwork which always seems more difficult than it should be. For now the basements aren't going to have any drywall on the ceilings but the tentants will have to live with it. I probably have 4 hours or so to finish everything tomorrow and clean up and I'll be done with it.

The chickens are in their new run and they seem to be doing fine. I was able to leave them in there all day while I was over at the r.p. today. I'd like to work on putting a coop together tomorrow and have it done by this weekend so I won't have to keep bringing them in every night.

Then I can get back to some fun stuff with the truck and the Buick.

Nov 4, 2012
Things went about as smooth as they could have over the rental property this morning. Took me about 5 hours to finish up the plumbing and clean up my mess. It's no longer an urgent matter, and I'm just glad to have it taken care of.
I didn't bother starting on the chicken coop today, that may be a job for next week.

But I actually did accomplish a few things for the Regal. I got both of the alternator brackets painted and a more thorough coat of paint on the power steering pump parts. The pump is ready to be reassembled and installed and the alternator is ready to go on. I have to get some hardware but that's no big deal. It may seem like a small step but now I can get the accessories on as well as all the belts and pulleys.

IMG_20190831_164828304-2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20190831_164759391_HDR-2137x1603.jpg

I also posted a wanted ad on V8Buick for some cast aluminum valve covers. If no one responds by next week I'll just buy them from TA.

Here's the chickens. Started with 5, 4 wound up being roosters (my luck) so i had to give away 3 roosters. Now I've got one rooster and one pullet. I'm going to get two or three more pullets after I get a coop built.

IMG_20190831_165139505-2137x1603.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor