Junkyard finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I found the deal of the day yesterday. My buddy hauled a Chevy motorhome home to be junked. I want a set of dually rims and front wheel adapters for a project of mine. So I went over to his house Sunday with my service truck. The wheels are 16.5's and it did not have front wheel adapters. It has funky hubs. So I was going to pass on those parts. I want 16 inch rims not 16.5. I looked under the truck and seen an electric overdrive hanging off the transmission. Talked to my buddy about it, and he said take it if you want it. I only had a hour of light left. So I cut the harness and didn't mess around. So I got a Gear Vender overdrive for a 350 turbo for free! View attachment 186769
Man, what a score. I'm envious. Good for you. We were just discussing overdrive units and transmissions the other day.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Okay, found it. On 29 about half way through Wisc. A bit of math here says that from me, here, to St. Paul is about 350-375 miles down 35, so that, plus 3 hours at about 65-70-ish which works out to about 200 or so more miles, means in total it is around 600 miles away, allowing for dealing with the Metroplex and that cluster****! of intersecting interchanges that it is infested with. That would make a visit into a three day excursion; one to get there, another to explore and do some harvesting, and the third to drag it all back home. Nope, ain't gonna happen until things settle down some more and a body can get back to being able to travel without masks and tests and paranoia.

Thanks for the location and mileage hack.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
if your going through duluth mn, you can save an hour of time and head southeast into wisconsin towards eau claire wi and then east to wausau. and miss out out of the metroplex of fun.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Saw that as well. Just hop the bridge, head over into Superior, and take 53 south to the interchange and jump over onto 29.

Nick

• Agree

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Junkyards should be covid free, I’d say 😄

The most popular stuff is picked over but there are so many cars you’ll probably find some things, Joe found several things Derrick and I missed or weren’t as familiar with. I can see myself going back but not a burning desire, maybe next spring.

• Agree

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I’m originally from Minnesota has anyone been to French lake auto lately . I bet they have a ton of gbody parts. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a few rare cars in a container or two

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I’m originally from Minnesota has anyone been to French lake auto lately . I bet they have a ton of gbody parts. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a few rare cars in a container or two
i used to go there a lot but haven't been there in close to 20 years. stopped going when they got too expensive. they've done a lot of renovations to the yard. i don't know what they have anymore. i doubt i'll find any deals.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And now I need another kick in the memory. Where is French Lake Auto from Roseville/the 36 exit? Although a day away if making a Banzai run down south, French Lake is still closer than Wausau. The hardest part is getting a trailer over the border and down US 61; once you get to Two Harbors the highway divides but north of there ii is all two lane and twisty turny with few good spots to pass. Jesse Ventura, when he was governor, wanted to create an express 4 lane further inland to avoid the touristy stuff for the camper/hiker/tree lover crowd. Th tree huggers went berserk and buried the bill under lawsuits and environmental assessments. Senseless bunch of sheeple, the lot of 'em

Nick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor