Just another day at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So, was the overhead just locked with the throw bolt, or was the throw bolt padlaocked closed?

Not trying to bust your hump, just curious. A stipulation when I began at the shop I am at now was that the overheads needed to be padlocked if i was going to leave thousands of dollars in tools in the building. I know nothing is going to stop a motivated thief, but I like to make it tougher for the casual drunks to get a car or toolbox out.

Worst we've had there was a window knocked out of a customer's car that they dropped late on a Friday night in the front lot, and somebody (suspected to be recently terminated employee) jumped the fence and stole the OE chrome wheels off of a totalled Explorer.

Oh, and I left my old blue wagon in the back lot for a couple nights and forgot to pull the faceplate off of the head unit...bet you can guess how that came out.
He went over barbed wire broke a window to open the booth went threw the booth threw the mixing room threw the airtight door to the shop used the headlights on the Subaru to unbolt the lock on the inside of the overhead door and drove out. Stopped in the parking lot and tried to close the door behind him all on night vision camera...
They started installing a security system today

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
....a tweaker. A lesbo Subie attracts less attention than a red Charger penis extension when committing B&Es.

Usually when a Subaru gets stolen you just follow the trail of spilled organic granola. If the trail runs out, you just stop and smell the air for unwashed flanel...unless it was a BRAT that was stolen.

For a Brat, the suspect is a 50 something guy who's mom lives with him and he still tries to pick up high school girls. He also has multiple other Brats, so you just visit the suspects that last registered a Brat 20 years ago (the last time it was running), and if he lives with his mom and has multiple restraining orders filed against him, you got your guy.

Police work is easy and fun.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Usually when a Subaru gets stolen you just follow the trail of spilled organic granola. If the trail runs out, you just stop and smell the air for unwashed flanel...unless it was a BRAT that was stolen.

For a Brat, the suspect is a 50 something guy who's mom lives with him and he still tries to pick up high school girls. He also has multiple other Brats, so you just visit the suspects that last registered a Brat 20 years ago (the last time it was running), and if he lives with his mom and has multiple restraining orders filed against him, you got your guy.

Police work is easy and fun.
But Detective... What if said Subaru we're a wrx? Then you would need to factor in the erector set on the deck lid crowd

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We had 1 break in where they went to the key board, got a set of keys and drove to S Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor