Just another day at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So as you know my full-time gig is Autobody last Friday I did a little quick job on a older Subaru. Just a used fender aftermarket bumper and set it up to blend the door. I don't normally do the light stuff but they wanted it quick so I blew it out for paint last thing friday evening so it could go monday afternoon. Nothing special...here's the rest of the story

http://shorenewsnetwork.com/news/oc...-shop/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So as you know my full-time gig is Autobody last Friday I did a little quick job on a older Subaru. Just a used fender aftermarket bumper and set it up to blend the door. I don't normally do the light stuff but they wanted it quick so I blew it out for paint last thing friday evening so it could go monday afternoon. Nothing special...here's the rest of the story

http://shorenewsnetwork.com/news/oc...-shop/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

was your boss mad that you took a customer's car....:p

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
One of my favorite stories is I opened my shop one morning and we had a door slot so customers could put keys through after hours and I picked up the keys and went on about my business. Later in the day I got a call about a Buick regarding status. I replied "What Buick?" Turns out the column was splacked and all that was left was glass in the parking lot and run over landscaping. Bad part was "It was in my care, custody and control" even though it was dropped off after hours and I had to pay for the damage to the car

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
One of my favorite stories is I opened my shop one morning and we had a door slot so customers could put keys through after hours and I picked up the keys and went on about my business. Later in the day I got a call about a Buick regarding status. I replied "What Buick?" Turns out the column was splacked and all that was left was glass in the parking lot and run over landscaping. Bad part was "It was in my care, custody and control" even though it was dropped off after hours and I had to pay for the damage to the car
That sucks no liability insurance?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I
That sucks no liability insurance?

I did but we were getting hammered on the splacking of the GM Saginaw columns with people stealing cars that it was cheaper to pay it. We spent a lot of time putting cars in the shop so they wouldn't be ripped off. It was a mess and we told customers to not drop them off after hours. You could splack a car as just about as fast as using a key

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I

I did but we were getting hammered on the splacking of the GM Saginaw columns with people stealing cars that it was cheaper to pay it. We spent a lot of time putting cars in the shop so they wouldn't be ripped off. It was a mess and we told customers to not drop them off after hours. You could splack a car as just about as fast as using a key
Ours was inside, and I know all about them columns and a screwdriver

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Do you not lock the overhead doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor