Just joined from Lancaster PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Welcome, looking for a nice Malibu? The rare one Old Bob has would be a great car for you. If I didn't all ready have two I'd buy it. :cool:
My name is Robert. Are you calling ME "OLD BOB"? I am old......but I go by Robert. I always misspelled Bob backwards so I changed back to my christian name.
Since I just began my search, I'd like to see if there is a Grand AM first. But "OLD BOB" sounds like a trustworthy seller. Something in the name that just screams honesty and integrity and ...............and.................old?

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My name is Robert. Are you calling ME "OLD BOB"? I am old......but I go by Robert. I always misspelled Bob backwards so I changed back to my christian name.
Since I just began my search, I'd like to see if there is a Grand AM first. But "OLD BOB" sounds like a trustworthy seller. Something in the name that just screams honesty and integrity and ...............and.................old?
Robert,
Mich is referring to Ole' Bob aka Vanrah. He has a cool original owner Malibu 9C1 police cruiser. He's also a member of G-body geezers anonymous....or not so anonymous. His car so happens to be G-body of the month.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Robert,
Mich is referring to Ole' Bob aka Vanrah. He has a cool original owner Malibu 9C1 police cruiser. He's also a member of G-body geezers anonymous.
Sounds like a fine bunch of company to share my time with. I just was accepted to be a police volunteer in my town here.
Nothing better than driving police cars at the high performance driving school THEY MAKE YOU ATTEND. Darn, I sure hate
abusing those cruisers but hey, it's in the job description.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're absolutely in good company. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Having the opportunity to abuse cars that aren't your own?....sounds like a blast to me. (y) Where do I sign up? :ROFLMAO:

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
You're absolutely in good company. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Having the opportunity to abuse cars that aren't your own?....sounds like a blast to me. (y) Where do I sign up? :ROFLMAO:
Before you sign up: I'll need to see some form of ID, meanwhile place your hands palm down on the hood and spread your legs, eyes forward..........
Have you ever been tazzered? Would you like to be? :sneaky:

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well I do have an update. I did buy one. I found a 1980 Malibu Classic, V6 car pre computer. 2 tone maroon colors with bucket seat interior. The car for the most part is pretty much original. Except for one thing. Its got buick roadmaster springs in the rear with 325/50-15 tires on the rear. Those are coming out and 15X8 corvette rally wheels will be going on the rear. I have been doing little things to the car, but a hot water heater failure in the house this past weekend has put a stall on any car mods for now. :cry:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I guess besides abusing the cruisers you get to shake down the locals as well? Still sounds like fun. :devilish:

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well I do have an update. I did buy one. I found a 1980 Malibu Classic, V6 car pre computer. 2 tone maroon colors with bucket seat interior. The car for the most part is pretty much original. Except for one thing. Its got buick roadmaster springs in the rear with 325/50-15 tires on the rear. Those are coming out and 15X8 corvette rally wheels will be going on the rear. I have been doing little things to the car, but a hot water heater failure in the house this past weekend has put a stall on any car mods for now. :cry:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Please post some pics when you get a chance. Sounds like a nice car. Sorry about hijacking your thread. :ninja:

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I feel your pain bro............my furnace went out, $350 service call and repair, and found previous installer didn't go by code and so I get to pay another $250 in March to have that meet code..................ahhhhhhhh yes, the fun of saving money for others to steal. It's the American Dream.:blam:

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor