Just Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I don't have a dog in this hunt, because I'm not a Buick guy (did own a Regal once). That said, in my area at least, people are asking crazy money for everything....junk or jewel. Sure, there are exceptions, but the general trend is escalating asking prices across the board, regardless of quality or demand for that specific make/model/collector status.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I am not one who wants a turbo V6. Never did. I respect them for what they are, and they're nice, and even nicer when people don't fiddle with them. JMO. Without a hair dryer though, even a skateboard is not in awe of the V6 itself. I can't say anything bad about a Turbo Buick's performance, but I CAN tell you how badly I think an 85 and 86 GN rides when new. Friends who bought them new had shiny black Darth Vader cars, but unless you were actually using that turbo, it wasn't anything to write home about. It's a lot like how I view Corvettes. Nice cars, but never any G-body Buick that has talked to me in a way that made me want to get behind the wheel. (A 70 GS on the other hand...)

1 RARE T you need thicker skin if you're going to go off in a huff over someone else's opinion you seem to disagree with. Your analysis is what you base your opinion on, and if you don't want to defend your opinion, that's fine, but running away only solidifies the perception that your analysis is flawed. Is it only considered a discussion forum when people agree with your opinion?

The point is, you have your opinion, I have mine, we all have one, and if they don't agree, so friggin' what? We can choose who we respond to, how we respond, or if at all.

The bottom line is that the G-body cars are dinosaurs, and only a select few are considered "collectible" but even the nicer kept vanilla cars are starting to creep up in price because of supply and demand. Sometimes it's nostalgia, sometimes its the fact that G-bodies are generally cool. That's all. And a lot of them are STILL near or below their retail price when new when you factor in inflation. If history has any chance of repeating itself, just now will the prices start reflecting the "collectability" of such G-bodies. It still feels odd that the newest G-bodies are pretty much 22 model years old. Gives a 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic name new meaning.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'll go hang out on audiforums.com . Most of those guys are dicks like me.
Oh, wanna buy my amps? I'm getting tired of the flippers and pickers lowballing me. :mrgreen:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
From my perspective the Turbo Buicks are a very polarizing car - because they are so odd. Built on a crap 80s GM platform with a gussied up crap V6, which if not maintained would turn into a pile of unusable crap (and became parts car). But, when they are on - oh man are they are on! Nowadays people are seeking a piece of a legacy and want that legacy money if selling. Buying a 25 year old car is a risky proposition because even the cleanest examples are rotting beneath the seams; and many sellers couldn't care less about what you want or see that differentiates from them achieving their financial agendas. Objectively speaking it is very unreasonable and illogical - but, so is this hobby. So either you are in or out.

I am pretty much done sinking mass money into G-bodies because the ROI (even on the irrational emotional side) just doesn't exist anymore; but, don't let that stop you from looking.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor