just wanna share my excitement with you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
i been looking for grills for my 78 cutlass calais for years now after i crashed it and ruined the passanger side grill and havnt had any luck finding any the drivers side grill is mint... well every calais grill i found was either cracked or flaking and they want about 100$ for 1 grill!.... so for sh*ts and giggles i called the local gm dealer and they were like we dont have any and you prob wont find any.... he goes ill do a search for you he goes the drivers side grill this is none in the country.. i was like ok how about passengers side he goes there is 1 left out there and its in arizona.. i was like ok give me the number... so i called and asked them to send me pics and sure enough it was the grill i needed brand new never installed still in the box... so i was like ok how much that going to run me... he goes 45$ plus 15$ shipping, i was like sold! send it my way! so its on its way and i couldnt be happier! haha.... now i gotta find some front and rear bumbers in good shape lol

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
nice the dealer is a good source that people forget about sometimes

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
i have both grills in exCEllent cond (no flaking,or cracks)-85.00 shipped.and i have f&r bumpers,rust free GREAT cond-250.00 ea shipped.good luck with your search!!!

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
I found part #'s for a lot of items,so I called my local dealer.....all were gone,except 1 underhood insulation somewhere in South Dakota. I called them,and he asked his boss....I was put on hold,and once they realized they had it,they said "It's already been spoken for". Somebody put it on Ebay,I bet.......LAX,pics of the grilles? Are Calais grilles different than Supremes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor