Kilduff lightning rods in factory console in an '86 442

Status
Not open for further replies.
I measured the rod at 13" from the floor to the top of the knobs, 7 1/2" above the console. I got the polished knobs and a black knob with switch for the trans lockup(not installed yet). I talked to Brian Kilduff himself when I ordered them, he gave me a nice-guy discount when I told him that I posted about them here. These are Awesome!
IMG_20160909_131036.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
I measured the rod at 13" from the floor to the top of the knobs, 7 1/2" above the console. I got the polished knobs and a black knob with switch for the trans lockup(not installed yet). I talked to Brian Kilduff himself when I ordered them, he gave me a nice-guy discount when I told him that I posted about them here. These are Awesome! View attachment 55812

Thanks for measuring it.

Looks awesome!!!

How much of discount did he give ? I'm interested

Just a couple bucks off each knob, I think it amounted to the cost of one knob. Probably get the same price of you order the shifter with them installed.

Reactions: 1 user
I finally got around to making the trim plate for these. This is cardboard, the finished product will be aluminum.
IMG_20170329_055558.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I liked the plate on it, just saying.

Attachments

• IMG_20170329_114535.jpg
    IMG_20170329_114535.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 166
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This is a sweet setup! Any pics of your final setup?

A plate that had some vinyl lettering cut out for the PRN4321 and 1-2 ,2-3 & 3-4 and clear coated would look pretty slick! I'd like to do this for my Gbody in the future (like way future and hopefully these'll still be available when I get to it).

This is a sweet setup! Any pics of your final setup?

A plate that had some vinyl lettering cut out for the PRN4321 and 1-2 ,2-3 & 3-4 and clear coated would look pretty slick! I'd like to do this for my Gbody in the future (like way future and hopefully these'll still be available when I get to it).
Thanks!
I really like them. They are alot of fun. I've been trying to post a pic but no luck. I have a friend that laser cut a top plate for me, but the edges are too unfinished yet.

IMG_20170412_130604.jpg

My plan is to cut a matching plate out of 1/8 lexan and install it under the steel plate
Then illuminate it from the bottom so it lights up the edges of the gates. I'd like to think I could light the PRND321 the same way, but not sure yet.

Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great, if they were a lower profile, I was gonna run those instead of the lightning rods.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor