Last call, The 1983 Malibu wagon

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
It's gunna be a cool car...I need a wagon too!
About that broken flywheel...I bet there is one or both transmission dowels missing in the motor. I've seen that many times before.
Keep up the hard work and thank you for your service.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
It's gunna be a cool car...I need a wagon too!
About that broken flywheel...I bet there is one or both transmission dowels missing in the motor. I've seen that many times before.
Keep up the hard work and thank you for your service.

It happened so long ago I've forgotten. I sorta remember the flex plate bolts getting loose.

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
Trying to find that header Emblem, Anyone have a good one laying around or know where I can buy one?
(sorry best picture I could find right now, I'm 6k miles away from the car)

20170812_165552.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wagon 3rd brake lights? Who has them? What are people using?
Bill,
If your car does not have the rear deflector over the hatch glass you can use a Volvo wagon 3rd brake light behind the glass...that's what I did. I'll get you some pics of it later today...or it might be in my build thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
Bill,
If your car does not have the rear deflector over the hatch glass you can use a Volvo wagon 3rd brake light behind the glass...that's what I did. I get you some pics of it later today...or it might be in my build thread.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
MVC-744S.JPG
MVC-746S.JPG
MVC-748S.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks awesome. I wish i could find a deflector. Ill be adding a 3rd brake light to my junkyard shopping list in the spring.
Thanks Bill.
I believe that particular 3rd brake light was from a Volvo V-60 wagon...if I recall correctly.
I used to have two complete rear deflector setups. I ended up selling them both to members on this site.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor