Last call, The 1983 Malibu wagon

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My wagon has a 3rd brake light above the license plate.

Tack427

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Boston MA
Thanks Bill.
I believe that particular 3rd brake light was from a Volvo V-60 wagon...if I recall correctly.
I used to have two complete rear deflector setups. I ended up selling them both to members on this site.

If you get around to it can you send me a picture of the unit itself, mounted. I was cruising ebay to see if i can match one for cheap.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If you get around to it can you send me a picture of the unit itself, mounted. I was cruising ebay to see if i can match one for cheap.
I'll see what I can do about getting you a picture of the unit itself.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Thanks Bill.
I believe that particular 3rd brake light was from a Volvo V-60 wagon...if I recall correctly.
I used to have two complete rear deflector setups. I ended up selling them both to members on this site.
Little off topic but I may be in the market for some NON deflector hinges. If you have any. My wagon is going faster all the time and I have been wondering if that fin/deflector could cause unwanted lift at High speeds in the quarter mile.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Little off topic but I may be in the market for some NON deflector hinges. If you have any. My wagon is going faster all the time and I have been wondering if that fin/deflector could cause unwanted lift at High speeds in the quarter mile.
Perhaps you guys could work out some sort of trade. I honestly don't think the deflector would be that critical at high speed. It's actually designed to help clear off the rear hatch glass.
You could experiment running with the deflector and without to see if there's any difference in ET or top speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Funny story about those deflectors: my wife had a Liberty around 2007, and I thought the reflector would be a nice feature. Got one at the dealer, installed it by the instructions, and it looked good. BUT, that sumbich only did anything at EXACTLY 55 mph! Any other speed the air was going somewhere else, but not through the deflector.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Keep us up to date, Bill.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor