Lawn ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Jack, even though I'm edging in on 34, I have an appreciation for all era's of cars. My dad taught me enough growing up that I can spot, and usually name most of what I see. I'm more proficient with impala's and such, and can usually tell what they are by seeing headlights, taillights, etc.

I agree though, most people in their 20's and even 30's have no friggin clue about old iron. However, I do enjoy messing with guys at shows or out and about calling their dodge a pontiac, or buick a ford :D!!!!
Chevy s answer at the time was the Corvan based off the Corvair. They're pickup version had the bedside fold down as a ramp. God do I EVER miss OLD Detroit

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, even though I'm edging in on 34, I have an appreciation for all era's of cars. My dad taught me enough growing up that I can spot, and usually name most of what I see. I'm more proficient with impala's and such, and can usually tell what they are by seeing headlights, taillights, etc.

I agree though, most people in their 20's and even 30's have no friggin clue about old iron. However, I do enjoy messing with guys at shows or out and about calling their dodge a pontiac, or buick a ford :D!!!!
Scott,
I'm sure you know more than most guys in their 20's and 30's. It's generally what you've been exposed to over the years.
To me, cars were much easier to identify back in the day. They had a distinctive appearance, unlike new cars today that all look like jellybeans and look similar.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Chevy s answer at the time was the Corvan based off the Corvair. They're pickup version had the bedside fold down as a ramp. God do I EVER miss OLD Detroit
Doug,
I like those old Corvans...especially the rampside pickups. They were cool as hell....but pretty rare these days. The last one I saw was at a car show like 20 yrs ago. It was a beauty, too.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Dodge-deora-card.jpg

I kinda like the Dodges to look like this.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dodge-deora-card.jpg

That was called the Deora if I'm not mistaken. I think I might also have the Hot Wheels car.
That was a show car back in the '60's.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That was called the Deora if I'm not mistaken. I think I might also have the Hot Wheels car.
That was a show car back in the '60's.
Yea, that the Deora. It was built it '67. Hot Wheels used it fo the original line. MPC made it as a model kit.

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
growing up, my parents had an A100 van... dad always said it was one of the best riding vehicles he'd ever had.

Jack and Scott, I feel your pain on the younger generation.... several months ago, I stopped by the parts store I used to work at, with the Grand prix, and had the t-tops off... kid behind the counter looked out at it, and asked : "what's up with the roof on that thing???"... he'd never seen a t-top roof! I knew I was doomed at that point.... :doh:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Dodge-deora-card.jpg

I saw them rebuild that one on a car show a few years ago
growing up, my parents had an A100 van... dad always said it was one of the best riding vehicles he'd ever had.

Jack and Scott, I feel your pain on the younger generation.... several months ago, I stopped by the parts store I used to work at, with the Grand prix, and had the t-tops off... kid behind the counter looked out at it, and asked : "what's up with the roof on that thing???"... he'd never seen a t-top roof! I knew I was doomed at that point.... :doh:
That's a peeve of mine,these kids go from McDonald's to a parts store and don't know a Chevy from a Citroen. No wonder we always get the wrong parts

• Agree

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
I saw them rebuild that one on a car show a few years ago

That's a peeve of mine,these kids go from McDonald's to a parts store and don't know a Chevy from a Citroen. No wonder we always get the wrong parts
I didn't think a lawn ornament would get so much attention. I was looking for the proper name of this thing and it sounds like its an econoline. I'm a boomer so I've been around awile, but I can't recall seeing one of these before. Maybe as a kid I just didn't notice them, I was drawn to the muscle cars the older kids in my neighborhood were driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor