LEAKS!

marcar1993

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Ive had my car since 07, and it only leaked when I first bought it because the hvac vent was plugged. Long story short, my car sat outside for the first time in a few years for the last 2 months, and the floor was SOAKED. It was mostly the drivers side that was completely saturated, the passenger side had a little moisture. Where could it be leaking from? Any common issues?
I am thinking maybe the windshield. Let me be clear, it is NOT a heater core. It isn't coolant, and its mostly on the other side. It was rain water. Are there any other common leak points on these cars I don't know of?

Thanks!

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think you may be right thinking it's the windshield.

fleming442

fleming442

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 26, 2013
The sealer at the top of the heaterbox to the firewall will dry out and crack. At least that's what I found on mine. Also, if the drain is plugged with debris, it will dam up into the car.

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since you are saying mostly on the driver's side I would start with the windshield first.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Pull the stainless at the windshield base & start looking, next would be the under the A piller & top trim. I've delt with fixing leaks all around the windshild from leaves & dirt built up under them. The other would be the urethane failed or is hiding rust under it.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.