Leaky rear window repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My rear window leaks on the top drivers side. Not a huge leak, drips if its sitting outside when its raining. If I am driving through the rain it doesnt leak like it does when it sits. Now that I have a good interior and headliner I really want it fixed. Is there any way to fix the window without cutting the thing out and re-installing it? Really dont want to pop out my headliner out.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
You dont have to pop the headliner out to pull the rear glass sir. Unfortunately the only correct way to fix it is to pull the glass and reseal it, might as well do it the correct way.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Was wishing there was some easy cheating way. Probably is a good idea to do it right the first time.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Mine did the same thing years ago. Took it to a glass shop and they pulled the chrome trim back and tried sealing.

They did this twice but said that the only real way to fix it was to pull the glass and reseal everything. I never wanted to spend the money because if they broke the rear window, it would have been a $300 replacement.

However, 10 years later when I got into the restoration of my car, I found out just how bad a small leak is. :( Rust holes everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor