Leaving The Rat Race

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
So here's the bigger stuff, it's sitting on 3 smaller logs with 4 maple stakes.

PXL_20230803_152154496.MP.jpg

PXL_20230803_152134765.jpg

So I still need to get a tarp over it, one that can let air through. And now you can see my uneven hinge cuts, cat's out of the bag.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm happy to see you starting on your project. UP of Michigan huh? Man, you ain't skeered of winter. I can't wait for us to start our build. This thread and the shop build threads only intensify that yearning.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I grew up there, to me that's the standard for a winter. Today we back for CO. We grabbed 6# of lake trout and 8 frozen pasties on our way and stopped to see my grandma and aunt for a couple of hours. We stopped in LaCrosse, WI at my friend's place for the night. Tomorrow we should make it to Nebraska and home on day 3. Then back to work Monday. On the plus size, I still have 6 more days of use or lose leave to burn by September 30th. Maybe we can spend it somewhere not populated.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The Yooper? as in that orphan patch of land above and to the right/east of Wisc??

And, on that matter of stumps, would it be worth the effort to just dig around the base to expose the roots and then apply a turn or two det-cord and pop them that way?? Barter a box of beer or a gallon jug of whiskey to one of the local survivalists. Anyone on the board like to blow things up and live close enough to commute?

Nick

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The Yooper? as in that orphan patch of land above and to the right/east of Wisc??

And, on that matter of stumps, would it be worth the effort to just dig around the base to expose the roots and then apply a turn or two det-cord and pop them that way?? Barter a box of beer or a gallon jug of whiskey to one of the local survivalists. Anyone on the board like to blow things up and live close enough to commute?

Nick

Yep, the one that's either forgotten or improperly identified.

e104844f-3c53-489e-9850-2c4b701b3d3d-mtndew046.jpeg

Plenty of people there like to blow stuff up too.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor