Legal Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I spoke with a local track General Manager through a connection and Ill be setting up days like this, after my car is ready! Businesses are already asking me if they can show some love through sponsorship! Sometimes it pays off to be a good dude with a great job (where you meet alot of interesting people)...

[youtube]SnWjgeAT3dc&feature=colike[/youtube]

gonna kick it off with a bar b que, cook off type event and take donations to get in for a local charity... gonna have to pay to play, will be a smallish cash prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd (in three classes) and some trophies (for things I have yet to make up, like cleanest race car, etc.)

prob divide it up in three classes of some sort (still working out track rules and safety concerns, which I will have to let the track address)

gonna have to figure out how to make it fair though, so all the real race cars dont just come in and take everything! still thinking on all that... plus I dont want anything there faster than mine anyway (so nothing bigger than a 305!) :rofl:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sounds awesome...I wonder if there is a way for g body people to each throw in a few dollars to have the GBodyForum.com as minor sponsor of the fun..

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
pontiacgp said:
That sounds awesome...I wonder if there is a way for g body people to each throw in a few dollars to have the GBodyForum.com as minor sponsor of the fun..
Should be fun when I get around to doing it if no one beats me to it! I used to be involved with motorcycle race days, so i am comfortable setting this up and paying for the track for that day (at a great deal)... should be a good turn out if done right

cutdog815

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 1, 2011
LSCustoms said:
I spoke with a local track General Manager through a connection and Ill be setting up days like this, after my car is ready! Businesses are already asking me if they can show some love through sponsorship! Sometimes it pays off to be a good dude with a great job (where you meet alot of interesting people)...

gonna kick it off with a bar b que, cook off type event and take donations to get in for a local charity... gonna have to pay to play, will be a smallish cash prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd (in three classes) and some trophies (for things I have yet to make up, like cleanest race car, etc.)

prob divide it up in three classes of some sort (still working out track rules and safety concerns, which I will have to let the track address)

wish my 307 move like this :oops:
gonna have to figure out how to make it fair though, so all the real race cars dont just come in and take everything! still thinking on all that... plus I dont want anything there faster than mine anyway (so nothing bigger than a 305!) :rofl:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
cutdog815 said:
LSCustoms said:

wish my 307 move like this :oops:
found your quote and took it outta mine, took me a sec though :rofl:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
if anyone has any ideas, feel free to chime in, cause its gonna be a while before I do it, although i will shoot for summer time, or maybe within a year or so, depends on how things go with my project cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor