LETS SEE SOME MALIBU'S!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
BPTTONE420012 said:
i have decided, i want to do something ridiculous with my 83 bu... i was thinking about cutting the roof off behind the drivers/passenger seats, removing the rear doors glass and glass frame, the back seats, the roof and back window and trunk lid and making an odd hacked up pick up truck bu thing... i can weld a plate behind the drivers/passenger seat, with a cut out to re-use the rear window... i know it will be ridiculous looking, but i am in need of something to do and buying another project just isnt in my budget, but i have tons of pare crap i can use...

DO NOT DO THAT!!! The did make these things called el caminos. You should look into them lol.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
L.A.X-RATED said:
GREAT TRADE!! 8) (sorry,but i really cant stand gbody wagons,i mean come on windows that DONT go down?? :puke: ) so what are your plans for the 2 door bu???

Eventually I'd like to 5.3(L33 all aluminum)/4l60e swap, disc brake 8.8 rear, 3rd gen fbody front and back seats with center console. And lower it with all new springs and shocks. No clue when it will happen but that's the plan.

The car has perfect rust free Floor pans and frame rails also. Just one 3" diameter circle spot of rust under the back pass side window and a big dent behind the pass side door where someone decided to put there tow hitch lol.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
now you are speaking my L.A.nguage!!! 8) 3rd gen ls efi engines FTW!!! thats great its a rust free platform,and pretty solid! get it in a good epoxy primer and start collecting parts!!! i can help you out with the front and rear ls1 brakes,as well as the 3rd gen seats and console,when you are ready 8)

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
L.A.X-RATED said:
now you are speaking my L.A.nguage!!! 8) 3rd gen ls efi engines FTW!!! thats great its a rust free platform,and pretty solid! get it in a good epoxy primer and start collecting parts!!! i can help you out with the front and rear ls1 brakes,as well as the 3rd gen seats and console,when you are ready 8)

I'll let you know when I'm ready!! The car is a Cali car. Made in Fremont and the old lady that owned lived there until 8 years ago. The worst part of the car is that all the interior plastics are roached. I'll be in the market for new(to me) interior trim within a couple months after I get some bills paid off.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
small world! i have a aunt that has been in fremount since the early 80's 8) ill keep a look out for interior pieces for you,is it me or are the bu interiors the most sun rot prone of the g family??? :wtf: seems that way to me,all 3 bu's ive owned,including my current 80,have had nasty sun rotted panels??? i actually just dished out the 5 bengis for new panels from dixie :blam:yeah i may be in your neck of the hood,actually lawrence as i have a daughter there and will be visiting for the 4th of july.if i come across anything of interest ill let you know and we could possibly meet up.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
BPTTONE420012 said:
i have decided, i want to do something ridiculous with my 83 bu... i was thinking about cutting the roof off behind the drivers/passenger seats, removing the rear doors glass and glass frame, the back seats, the roof and back window and trunk lid and making an odd hacked up pick up truck bu thing... i can weld a plate behind the drivers/passenger seat, with a cut out to re-use the rear window... i know it will be ridiculous looking, but i am in need of something to do and buying another project just isnt in my budget, but i have tons of spare crap i can use...
something like this

NO !!!!!

I suspect you are being sarcastic lol

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
its been a northeast car its whole life, no undercoating, so she is pretty well rotted out, i had boxed the last foot of the frame rails to keep the rusted out bumper from completely falling off and then noticed so much more rot everywhere, there is no longer a trunk, its completely rotted out, frame looks like swiss cheese, its just in a bad way... i would love to keep her, i mean i have alot of new parts in her, but its just not a safe vehicle... and i dont have thousands of dollars to do a frame off resto... i bought her half a dozen years ago for 500 bucks, she served me well... my wife talked me out of doing a complete chop job, since i have a ton of fiberglass, i am going to turn it into something funky, gonna fab up some old school Cadillac wings, and whatever else i can think to do... that or wait til jmproductions comes back to CT next year and run her in a demo derby...

jsiler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2013
Here are a few pics of mine.Before and after window tint.Dont mind the red under the hood.I bought the engine already built in another car and havnt changed it yet.Maybe a winter project.Also the rallys are temporary,I hope to have Centerline conve pros next summer if I still have it.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Your header chrome is just killing me. Lot's of '80 grilles for sale on EBay. All are cracked and peeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor