Let's see some rear speaker options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Alright guys. I'm looking to further improve my SQ game. I'm trying to find a different way to mount my Clarion 6x9's in the rear, or come up with another speaker that will fit in the cabin, or give me more space in the trunk, or both! I'd like to run clarions, so using the original 4x10's are out because very few people make them. Lets see some pics of your rear speaker stage, and/or trunk builds! :D

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
1.fiberglass on top of back deck..2.build 6x9 rings and screw them in the same place where the 4x10s were...3,gbodyparts sell door panels with speaker holes in them, (2)each door. fiberglass is a savior in many situations

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
lildhix said:
1.fiberglass on top of back deck..2.build 6x9 rings and screw them in the same place where the 4x10s were...3,gbodyparts sell door panels with speaker holes in them, (2)each door. fiberglass is a savior in many situations

I would like to keep a factory look, so I'm trying to avoid glassing the package tray, or adding a ton of speakers in the doors

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada
The arm rest in the quarter panel trim is a good place for rear speakers. You could mount a nice set of 6.5 components in that area, have also seen people mount subs in that area but would require a bit of cutting and fabbing. Richard Clarkes GN comes to mind, he had 12's mounted in that spot. Here's a link to the car http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick/

Chris

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
suffrn6 said:
The arm rest in the quarter panel trim is a good place for rear speakers. You could mount a nice set of 6.5 components in that area, have also seen people mount subs in that area but would require a bit of cutting and fabbing. Richard Clarkes GN comes to mind, he had 12's mounted in that spot. Here's a link to the car http://www.usdaudio.com/sw/cars/buick/

Chris
I put 2 Kenwood 6x9s in the rear side panels. Took alot of cutting but they are in there and sound amazing for being the only speakers in the car. This is the only pic I have
interior5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor