lets see your elco's wheel and tire cmbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno how tall the tire is

81elcamino said:
hey dedub, how does your elco hook with the m/ts and that stroker motor you got? i have pretty much the hp/tq but im going to be spraying. thanks, joe
If you go to the link in my signature the networx computer one, I have a bunch of older pics of the car. It has the 275-60's on 8" Cragars now. I just put on the M/T's but don't have photos yet, but basically they are the same looking tire minus the black wall instead of the white letter. Here is my thread from Nov with the 385 going in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15156 I do hope you put forged parts in if your going to spray. That's one thing I didn't do and wish I had of. It has forged rods but that's it. If I had not put in the hypereutetic pistons I might of been able to spray also. Good luck and send pics

Darrin

81elcamino said:
hey dedub, how does your elco hook with the m/ts and that stroker motor you got? i have pretty much the hp/tq but im going to be spraying. thanks, joe
If you go to the link in my signature the networx computer one, I have a bunch of older pics of the car. It has the 275-60's on 8" Cragars now. I just put on the M/T's but don't have photos yet, but basically they are the same looking tire minus the black wall instead of the white letter. Here is my thread from Nov with the 385 going in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15156 I do hope you put forged parts in if your going to spray. That's one thing I didn't do and wish I had of. It has forged rods but that's it. If I had not put in the hypereutetic pistons I might of been able to spray also. Good luck and send pics

Darrin

yea i deffinatly have forget internals. 60 over trw pistons and eagle crank and rods. hoping to have about 550-600 hp on spray and get low 11s hopefully.

beermonkey9417 said:

Figuring the height of a tire is not difficult with a "little" math. Lets take it one step at a time..

example:
Your tire is a 275-60-15
275 is the width in mm
60 is the height and is the % of the width in mm
15 is the rim total height

1. figure the height of tire (width X 60%)
275 X .6 = 165 mm
2. convert 165mm to inches
165 X .0393 = 6.48 or 6 1/2"
3. multiply height of tire x 2 (both sides of the rims)
6 1/2" X 2 = 13" (total rubber on either side of rim)
4. add total height to rim height
13" + 15" = 28" tall

see, real simple

dedub said:
beermonkey9417 said:

Figuring the height of a tire is not difficult with a "little" math. Lets take it one step at a time..

example:
Your tire is a 275-60-15
275 is the width in mm
60 is the height and is the % of the width in mm
15 is the rim total height

1. figure the height of tire (width X 60%)
275 X .6 = 165 mm
2. convert mm to inches
165 X .0393 = 6.48 or 6 1/2"
3. multiply height of tire x 2 (both sides of the rims)
6 1/2" X 2 = 13" (total rubber on either side of rim)
4. add total height to rim height
13" + 15" = 28" tall

see, real simple

*ow*, my brain hurts. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor