Let's talk Shifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
So if you probably read my other post about my current trans dilemma. One the biggest issues I have is the shifter that came on the car.
It came with a Lokar trans mounted shifter. The handle is literally up against the dash. Its super loose. Obviously looks hideous. It's really the only thing I dislike about my car. https://www.jegs.com/i/Lokar/625/CM350EM/10002/-1

The car currently has a TH350 that I may or may not put a manual valve body but I will likely swap in a 4l80.
I have yet to find a shifter that looks better than a stock shifter with a stock console.
So that said I know I can get the stock shifter to work for the 4l80 but can the stock shifter be make to work with a 3spd.
I had a B&M Magnum Pro stick in my old cutlass and I loved but it's not the look I'm going for.

My question is what shifter have you guys ran that looks stockish and but I can change the detent plate if I cant on the stock shifter

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Spider-Man-Pointing-Meme.jpg
Are you me?

You are making threads on all the same topics I am trying to run down answers for... Lol.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
The 1978-1980 Cutlass Calais (and Salon/Aeroback and special ordered Supremes) had THM 3 speed transmissions with floor mount shifters in them, whether 200, 250 or 350, so there should be stock 3 speed shifters in junk yards everywhere. I will soon swap my THM 200 to a more recent overdrive transmission. I am hopeful I can still use the stock shifter, but I know the 4 speed stock units from the later years are available.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I know this might not be the look you want but this B&M ratchet shifter fits pretty nice in a stock console.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    591.9 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: 6 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I know this might not be the look you want but this B&M ratchet shifter fits pretty nice in a stock console.
I like that. I was going to use a 2nd gen F-body console, but I really like that. I'm guessing those consoles are like hen's teeth?

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
My son has the same shifter and it's very reliable and it will take a hit - I have videos to prove it lol.

There are better, slicker, smoother shifters, but not for the price point of the Hurst Quick Silver IMHO.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are you me?

You are making threads on all the same topics I am trying to run down answers for... Lol.
Are you saying two people are trying to do the same thing - OMC that nutz!!!

I have a really low budget B&M that seems to work. It keeps from from jamming reverse without some effort so I'm good. Appearance wise it's nothing like Mikestar's setup, but functionality is a 'yes'. TCI Outlaw

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor