LG4 upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Even here in Florida, if you really piss off a cop, he can have you pop your hood and start writing tickets. While this is less common with Domestic drivers here, it can still happen. This is why my modified cars tend to be subdued in their appearance, or old enough that no one cares. I'm currently planning the crossbreeding of a RWD 80's BMW 3 series with either an American or Japanese powertrain ( read my GRM $2K8 post...), but "...when finished, the monster must appear to be stock..." to quote one of my all time favorite shows. I'm thinking Ford 4.6 4V/T45 or 4th gen F body 3800 V6/T5 with an Eaton blower. Maybe even a Nissan VQ35DE or a Ford 2.3 turbo/T-5. While under the hood may change, I will try to keep the exterior normal looking and the exhaust will be as quiet and unobtrusive as possible. With only 2500-2700 lbs to move, however, it will not take a lot of power to be fun. If interested in what one of these things can do swapped, look up "LS1 E30" as a search term on Google.

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I'd be much more worried if cops could write emissions tickets in Ontario. As for the ministry of the Environment, I'm not the slightest bit worried. If I ever see an MoE car within 30 miles of where I live, I'll be pretty surprised. But even if I do, it's a lot more likely that they're testing some farmer's manure runoff than trying to check out my car for PCV valves.

I haven't been pulled over by a cop in 3 years (since I bought my latest car) and I pass cops every day. As for MoE, that seems about as likely as the FBI busting down my door and demanding to see licenses for all my pirated DVDs....

I agree about keeping things stock looking on the outside and exhaust quiet(ish) though. Attracting the authorities' attention isn't what you want whether you're law abiding or not.

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I just realized how badly I've changed the topic of discussion of this thread from the original post. Sorry to Marx who still hasn't heard about causes for his engine dying under hard throttle.

I'll post any more emissions related stuff under a new subject if it keeps going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor