Lightweight Aluminum Bumper Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

81oldsdragcar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2013
I don't know if you are thinking about cutting the side guards out of the doors, but I have a set I already did it to. I went to fiberglass doors so I'm not needing them anymore. They are solid doors, so let me know if interested

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Didn't really want to go that far with the weight reduction. How much weight did you save with the glass doors. Thanks for the reply.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You will save more on the door guards than the bumper mounts!! Also more loosing the bumper supports. Glass door is 8 to 10 lbs

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
I made my own out of chromoly tubing as well. Honestly, the weight savings probably wasn't worth the time it took to do it. It may have taken 3-4 pounds off but that was it.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
I came across a form some place that listed the weight of each piece that was taken off of a gbody. I think it also listed the weight of the piece that it was being replaced with. X amount of weight saved and X amount of weight added. It must be out their some place in space.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor