Little Radiator Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
After the last 25-mile ride to a car show last month, I now have a drip on the garage floor from the radiator support by the steering gear box side. I've dried it twice thinking that maybe it was there after filling in the radiator awhile back. Well after disconnecting the xms lines, taking out the e-fans, and a bunch of other stuff it is out and yup, got a small crack on the driver's side lower corner. After calling a bunch of shop most saying that nobody fixes radiators anymore, found a place the next town over and the guy said, yes, he could fix it. He said he hadn't seen a full metal radiator for a car in a long time. Will take 5 days to get it back. $75 for the repair which beats not finding one on-line. I think it's not made anymore. It is a Modine.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
After the last 25-mile ride to a car show last month, I now have a drip on the garage floor from the radiator support by the steering gear box side. I've dried it twice thinking that maybe it was there after filling in the radiator awhile back. Well after disconnecting the xms lines, taking out the e-fans, and a bunch of other stuff it is out and yup, got a small crack on the driver's side lower corner. After calling a bunch of shop most saying that nobody fixes radiators anymore, found a place the next town over and the guy said, yes, he could fix it. He said he hadn't seen a full metal radiator for a car in a long time. Will take 5 days to get it back. $75 for the repair which beats not finding one on-line. I think it's not made anymore. It is a Modine.
I've found that many truck stop repair shops can still recore rads

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Actually fairly easy. Need container of MAPP gas, yellow bottle same size as the propane. Torch flame, use brazing rod, with copper flux. Just take your time, clean with wire brush, heat area first. Apply flux and braze with brazing rod.

Use 95-5 solder if needed it's the lead free. Lead solder also known as 50/50 but not sure if easy to find any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor