Lm vs Ls swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
MY memory might be off, but I am pretty sure the LM7 is an aluminum block truck engine (TB and such I THINK). You will have right around 300 HP in factory trim with it, and would be fairly stout as is, but a cam will help. I have seen them go in excess of 900 HP with power adders on the stock bottom end. Holly makes a stand alone ECM for around 1200 that will handle the auto trans as well. You will need to get a smaller pully for the power steering pump and have to make a small modification to the AC bracket if you want to use the stock accessory drive off the truck.. Holley makes a good, if expensive pan to replace the deep well. CTSV, and chevy perf hot rod pans work too. I got the hot rod pan which protrudes about an inch below the crossmenber. Motor mount adapters,crossmenber, and a 4th gen F body cooling system to get you started. I was most of the way done with an LQ4 swap and went back to factory on my Olds for the moment and will be installing it into a Malibu instead. Thinking about an N* on the Olds just to be different. Well that and Olds designed the N* so it keeps it all in the family. Still collecting parts as the olds was primarily fabbed parts that stayed with the car if not specific to the swap. Save your money because even a backyard used parts special is going to eat money like it's going out of style. Best wishes on your build.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Figures. Every time I open my mouth without confirming...

LM4 is what you're thinking of. I have one on the stand from a Trailblazer. Wife's Envoy has an LH6 which is also aluminum block, but they put those in the trucks too and they're GenIV.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor