LM7 Swap In 88 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
ARP bolts will definitely not be a bad idea but the guys Im talking about, I dont think they even did that.

Trezzy98

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2012
yeah im getting my list together now and I have checked out the sites provided with in the past and im definitely going turbo!!!

Reactions: 1 user

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
go on youtube, hot rod garage, bonemaro.
basically they cover everything you need to do a turbo setup for low buck 11s, but i hear they hit 10s now

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
go on youtube, hot rod garage, bonemaro.
basically they cover everything you need to do a turbo setup for low buck 11s, but i hear they hit 10s now

As long as you consider well over $10,000 to be a "low buck" project. ;)

• Agree

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I wouldn't put any aftermarket fasteners in the short block. ARP rod bolts are stronger but they pull the big end of the rod out of round and cause wear on the bearings. Just aftermarket valve springs if you really want to be cheap. They make giant torque on the stock truck cam. I have a turbo LM7 with the stock truck intake and stock accessories (no a/c) and it fits under the hood of my '81 Malibu.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Trezzy98

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2012
I wouldn't put any aftermarket fasteners in the short block. ARP rod bolts are stronger but they pull the big end of the rod out of round and cause wear on the bearings. Just aftermarket valve springs if you really want to be cheap. They make giant torque on the stock truck cam. I have a turbo LM7 with the stock truck intake and stock accessories (no a/c) and it fits under the hood of my '81 Malibu.

any pictures of the build???

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor