Long time lurker, first time owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
UC645 any complications with wiring swapping dashes? I'm considering a free Monte dash out of a car that smells far less like rodent piss.

lilbowtie happen to have a link to the fiberglass fillers? I'm considering any option right now.

The 350 is basically this build, only with flat top pistons, just because the stock ones were out. Vortec heads, XM270H cam. Was going to turn that little Chevette into a rocket ship, should still be okay in here. I don't wanna break my T5 too bad.

Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
UC645 any complications with wiring swapping dashes? I'm considering a free Monte dash out of a car that smells far less like rodent piss.

You shouldn’t have any problems if the car is optioned the same as yours, but if you grab the Monte dash, get both halves of the harness and compare it.

I’m running a full complement of aftermarket gauges, so I only need basic power and lights on mine.

Is your T-5 a World Class? If it is you can get upgrade kits for it to hold a ton more power.

Reactions: 1 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Cool. Good to know. The Monte is a parts car that belongs to somebody else. If I don't get all the wiring, at least it is local for comparison. Nwc T5 from an 85 v8 Camaro. Didn't need to be all that strong for a Chevette

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Cool. Good to know. The Monte is a parts car that belongs to somebody else. If I don't get all the wiring, at least it is local for comparison. Nwc T5 from an 85 v8 Camaro. Didn't need to be all that strong for a Chevette
One thing I forgot to mention, if your dash pad is cracked, I think GbodyParts and possibly some other vendors sell dash covers for the Regals. I’d expect to pay around $150 or so for one.

Reactions: 2 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
One thing I forgot to mention, if your dash pad is cracked, I think GbodyParts and possibly some other vendors sell dash covers for the Regals. I’d expect to pay around $150 or so for one.

Not cracked but warped a little. I'm actually considering swapping in a cracked Monte dash because of the mouse infestation.

Reactions: 2 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Good to see another regal saved
Looks to be good soild car

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Welcome to the forum, if I were you I'd sell the NWC T5 and find a WC version. The NWC is worth money before you blow it up. I tried a NWC from a V8 and even without pushing it the idler shaft was pushed out. The T5 WC I have now has been upgraded with carbon fiber rings and other upgrades. There are no upgrades thart I know of for the NWC. If you havn't thrown out the stock shifter do it now and get a Hurst or some other quality shifter. The stock shifters are too sloppy and it's easy to over shift with no stops in it

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I bought those off of E-bay years ago and don't remember the vender. The one thing I would suggest is fit them in place before doing any drilling. You will have plenty of bottom end with your 350. I have the same basic build - stock L-82 w/ iron 2.02 heads and a Comps 306s cam and she is making 500 HP

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

Last edited:

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Welcome. Spoolfool is the brand all the turbo guys are using. You can buy them lots of places. I know Kurban Performance sells them.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I've pulled the 4.1

I know this is not what you want to talk about now, but .... :mrgreen:

What are you going to do with the V6? I just happen to have a need for the solenoid pack on the passenger-side rocker cover, as seen here:

83_41L_A.JPG

I'm all the way out in California, so it seems impractical to ship the entire motor (but also the reason I could use the solenoids).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor