Look what was in my Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
What kind of snake was it? I catch little bull snakes all the time in my garage. I just usually chase them into a corner, Don't have mouse issues that way.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I walked into my shed a couple years back and heard a rustling above me. Looked up, and there was a snake about four inches from my face. I jumped and about sh*t myself. I had my little .22 on me, I shot it like 4, 5 times. Ended up just being a garter snake, yeah I'm a wuss with snakes.

There's still bullet holes in the roof of the shed from it.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
While away on training my fire team partner found me sleeping in my hooch and being spooned by a snake. Sssssstuff happensssss.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Good thing he didn't show himself while you were driving! My first morning in Ft. Bliss I was tossing the trash into the dumpster when a 10 foot rattlesnake slithered out and landed at my feet. He gave me a look like "I had a rough night- don't bother me" and he disappeared under the dumpster.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
That is among my greatest fears and Ive never actually seen in life or a picture. Thats images in my head forever!

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
plain brown rat snake.
Turbo looks like you found a black rat snake, they give off a smell and shake there tails like a rattler in the leaves, against stuff to scare predaters. The other maybe big grass snake. Not sure, what snakes are in Idaho. I get garters, black, and rat snakes here.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
plain brown rat snake.
Turbo looks like you found a black rat snake, they give off a smell and shake there tails like a rattler in the leaves, against stuff to scare predaters. The other maybe big grass snake. Not sure, what snakes are in Idaho. I get garters, black, and rat snakes here.

It's a bull snake, aka gopher snake. They do have very similar manurisims to Rattlers. They coil to strike in nearly the exact fashion and shake their tails too. I've handled a bunch and never had one that smells funny ( unlike garters). They also calm down very quickly after they figure out you aren't going to kill them. The other is a yellow belly racer. Incredibly fast as the name implies. I've lived here my whole life and never happened across any, saw four of them that day. We have rubber boas which are rare as well but I have seen one, garters, Western Diamondback Rattlers, and several others that aren't as memorable.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Good thing he didn't show himself while you were driving! My first morning in Ft. Bliss I was tossing the trash into the dumpster when a 10 foot rattlesnake slithered out and landed at my feet. He gave me a look like "I had a rough night- don't bother me" and he disappeared under the dumpster.

that would have been my last morning at Ft Bliss....:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Wholelotta nope right there... Now that I am in the vegas area I may see more, but in OK.. It was the gauge every time I came across one I could not easily identify as a rat snake. Even those were treated with a swift eviction via a garden rake or whatever long handled implement was available... Demon spawn Shot the pizz out of one in the woods and it kept coming. Emptied the gun on it, and it was STILL moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor