low profile air cleaner for SBC 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
Does anyone have any recommendations for a semi cheap low profile air cleaner.I have a SBC 350 with a quadajet carb.The problem is I have installed a highrise intake and their is not very much hood clearance.Any help will be much appreciated.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
You could just go with a shorter filter or get a drop base for you air cleaner setup, shouldn't be more than $25 for a drop base. :mrgreen:

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
X2 on the drop base, I had an Edelbrock one on my regal for the longest time and it worked great

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
can't be any tighter than this
DSC02858.jpg

I'm only got 1.5" above the carb to the hood... and that's not counting the choke horns

the generic drop base is 1.25" drop, which should work for you with a 3" filter. If not, a few places sell a 2" drop base, however there is no way that's clearing a throttle linkage on most carbs.

I am using a 1.5" drop base from RamAirBox.com, made from spun aluminum, with 3" filter

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
khan0165 said:
can't be any tighter than this
DSC02858.jpg

I'm only got 1.5" above the carb to the hood... and that's not counting the choke horns

the generic drop base is 1.25" drop, which should work for you with a 3" filter. If not, a few places sell a 2" drop base, however there is no way that's clearing a throttle linkage on most carbs.

I am using a 1.5" drop base from RamAirBox.com, made from spun aluminum, with 3" filter
Yeah looks about the same,haha.Im gonna have to get a drop base then...........Thanks everybody

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and watch out for the stud sitting too high, I have a hood I can show you what happens if you don't... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor