Lowering a buick regal for racing. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1fastregal1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2012
Greetings G body fans! i am new to the forum and was looking for some advice on lowering my 1978 buick regal. I am looking to go for a late 1960's Trans Am Racing stance with it so probably about 3inches lower in the rear and maybe 2 up front?

here is a picture of what im talking about.... http://www.historictransam.com/images/m ... LN9595.jpg

i plan on racing this car. I am building a high compression 327 with a close ratio 4 speed and i already have 4.33 gears in my ford 9inch. Looking forward to hearing from all of you, and thanks again!

1fastregal1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2012
how about lowering the rear end? will i have to do any cutting and welding to ensure a proper 3in drop in the rear?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you might want to pick up a book on setting up a car for autocross racing. There is alot more to it than lowering the car

LOWBARK

Apprentice
Aug 5, 2012
louisville ky.
i am planing on doing alot of it with my car. there is alot more to it then lowering it. if the chassis is not stiff. it will not handle vary good. the chassis on all gbody suck for auto crossing. they are so flimsy in corners. it would be a idea to get a book on it..

BMR Suspension

G-Body Guru
Aug 2, 2012
Tampa FL
Here is an example of how you can strengthen a A-Body, but basically the same principal....

frame1.jpg

We have all the suspension parts covered and will have lowering springs soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor