LS Swap parts what works and what doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
some more pics, just in mock up stage. to get the engine / trans in proper location.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,293

maven

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2013
CutThroat 4x4 mount plates (1" setback and LS positions)
stock Gbody v8 mounts
stock TH350, trans x-member and driveshaft
CTS-V LSA oil pan and pickup
GTO LS2 exhaust manifolds
'87 Monte 4.3TBI fuel tank
Racetronix G7 stock replacement EFI fuel sender

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
so here is my lastest: headman mid length 1 3/4" headers . PSI custom harness, e-bay PCM , flashed by Branden, @ LT1tech, race tronix , g7 sending unit with a walbro 255 hp/hv pump and harness, potz speed ported TB ,new baffled fuel tank. all mocked up , ready to pull back out 1 more time before final clean /paint . still need a dbc intake 5.3l

Attachments

• IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,650
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,667

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
holley ls oil pan bolted on.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,710

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
while i'm at it , harness, pcm, fuel sender/pump, and pump harness

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,591

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
maven said:
CutThroat 4x4 mount plates (1" setback and LS positions)
stock Gbody v8 mounts
stock TH350, trans x-member and driveshaft
CTS-V LSA oil pan and pickup
GTO LS2 exhaust manifolds
'87 Monte 4.3TBI fuel tank
Racetronix G7 stock replacement EFI fuel sender

do you know if 04 gto exhaust manifolds will work on my 5.3 with no major modifications? im not running ac/heat and the firewall is shaved?

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
hey need some help here, since I have to cut upper rad. hose to fit, I saw on a post some where some body had installed a in line tube with fittings ( say for bypass / water temp gauge ) . not home made but from some vender? thanks axld86

Transformer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2007
I am pretty sure you have seen my post axld86. but the part#'s for the upper and lower radiator hoses are in the "plumbing to Be Cool" post.
also C&R Racing Steam vent kit post.
The splice I use in the upper radiator hose for the steam vent works because it is a slightly lower pressure in the radiator hose than that in the coolant passages in the heads and steam venting.
You can run your steam vent anywhere to a lower pressure in the coolant system, but I would say not to put it on the intake side of the water pump (like tapping the top of the water pump) because you will be cycling in the air (steam) you just purged from the heads... which will go right back into the heads.. then back into the intake side of the water pump... then back into the heads.. then... you get the idea... :roll:

www.hotrodregal.com

Matt

2 car garage build 8)

Transformer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2007
best oil pan and motor mount combo for the LS swap I have seen yet! temp install on the LSX El camino project....

combo that works for the intermeadiate steering shaft... Flaming River EZ fit steering shaft.

visit:

www.hotrodregal.com

for pics and description.

matt

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
lil late ,lol. but thanks matt, I have been following ur link. doing the cooling system today. just gotta fig. out lower hose. using a truck water pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor