CUTLASS LS swap Question heating/AC vacuum controls

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Attached is a picture i think i should feed with vacuum from the intake to get the levers inside working again for the heat and AC ? also i noticed now my heater fan isn't working I'm wondering if i left something out or i pulled a wire apart inside somehow.

Attachments

• 20230807_163355.jpg
    20230807_163355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Attached is a picture i think i should feed with vacuum from the intake to get the levers inside working again for the heat and AC ? also i noticed now my heater fan isn't working I'm wondering if i left something out or i pulled a wire apart inside somehow.
On my El Camino the ball is on the driver side front. I’ve fed vacuum to it from the manifold, but I think it’s too much. It’s making a lot louder noise under the dash than I recall from the 305. I’m not sure where else I can connect it to in order to reduce the vacuum draw.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I'm going to give it a shot and see if that makes the levers work again

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
I'd like to hear how this turned out. I'd like to get full heat control back, not just having warm air out the defroster. When I got my Malibu, this ball was broken, and I wouldn't mind fixing the heating system.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I'd like to hear how this turned out. I'd like to get full heat control back, not just having warm air out the defroster. When I got my Malibu, this ball was broken, and I wouldn't mind fixing the heating system.
i did a LS swap on my 83 cutlass and connected vacuum to the purple hose/tube shown in my picture everything works like it used to again. very simple fix to get it all working

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor