LS swap question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2020
Mine are non-setback plates and the Alternator is close to the steering box.

View attachment 201382
Thats great to hear. I want to low mount my alternator to create extra room up top for a future turbo or procharger. I've got the quick ratio box. Would that change anything from a fitment perspective with the f-body low mount alternator?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thats great to hear. I want to low mount my alternator to create extra room up top for a future turbo or procharger. I've got the quick ratio box. Would that change anything from a fitment perspective with the f-body low mount alternator?
No idea. Take some measurements.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Didn’t want to notch my frame at first but now I’m considering it. Will prob get notched for low mount ac at some point so why not for the oil pan also.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yep.....JohnB on the mcss.com msg board did it 20+ years ago on what was one of the first g-body ls swaps.
When I started my LS swap there wasn't as many motor mounts being made at the time. I ended up contacting JohnB and he was making his own for the swap. I bought a set off of him, used a CTSV pan, worked perfect. No notching, AC box worked well, just cut off one of the ears of the coil bracket (pass side) for a little more clearance from the AC box. Not sure if he is making them anymore as the aftermarket has stepped in with lower priced ones.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I've been running LS1 Fbody Accessories since late 2010 with no issues. Need full setback mounts and a little cradle trimming to run the LS1 Fbody Oil Pan.
So what plates and oil pan are you using ? Think I read in the Holley instructions that the F body and GTO accessory drive does not work with their kit.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
So what plates and oil pan are you using ? Think I read in the Holley instructions that the F body and GTO accessory drive does not work with their kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor