Ls swap truck oil pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the muscle car pan much different from truck pan though. I thought the front of both pans were the same and they were 3/4" difference in sump. If it fits and gives me a little more clearance that would be great.

I have looked at different web sites some say muscle car pan is 1.75" in front others say 2/5/8". Truck one is 2/3/8".

1.75 would be great then I can use truck intake and all truck accessories minus a.c. and my hood shuts. If it is 2/5/8" then it will hit k member just like truck pan.

Not sure if this will help but this is what i used to make my judgement.
ALL_oil_pan_DIMS_2.jpg

F64691571.jpg

Last edited:
I have the truck pan in mine with the mounts from brp. It fits with no issues other than it hangs about an inch or so past the front crossmember. Not really an issue unless you lower the car.

I have the muscle car oil pan kit on mine. Used custom mounts but sits where everyone else puts theirs. Pan hangs about 1.5in below crossmember.

I read you can use trans dapt s10 mounts. I'm going to try that they should be here Friday. Hopefully I have time to try them this weekend. I got idea from ls1gn clone grand national build. I'll let everyone know if they work. After that I got fuel system, exhaust. Can't decide what exhaust to get either. Truck manifold fits on passenger side and I have a camaro one for driver side.

I believe the pace ls1 fbody long tubes are supposed to fit also. I'm building a turbo setup so can't give you 100% assurance on that but forward facing turbo headers do fit quite nicely lol.

Kds performance ls swap mounts found them on eBay went with a different motor mount kds ones would not clear truck oil pan for my liking

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor