LS6 Chevelle Rotting in the Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
This aggravates me that people do that why not just sell it to someone who can give it a good home and be the next caregiver that truly enjoys and respect the car.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
You guys do realize that they were not that rare. They made 4,475 LS6 powered Chevelles in 1970.
To put it in perspective;
You would be more likely to find one of them than a 78, 79 or 80 Malibu with a factory 4 speed.
Still pretty cool find.

Nov 4, 2012
You guys do realize that they were not that rare. They made 4,475 LS6 powered Chevelles in 1970.
To put it in perspective;
You would be more likely to find one of them than a 78, 79 or 80 Malibu with a factory 4 speed.
Still pretty cool find.

Sure they weren't particularly rare, but 450 HP and 500 Lb Ft of torque- in 1970!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I don't mind people asking if my GP is for sale.. happens all the time.

I just reply "Everything on this planet is for sale... for the right price" and smile. Been offered 5k a few times, 7k once, and 9k once.. The 9k gave me pause, but I declined.. and Ive only owned it for 3 months.

-Gonz

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
It might seem if one is emotionally attached to something, it's better to keep the vehicle and let it rot rather than to have someone else possess your treasure.
AKA: If I can't drive it, no one can!

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

There were actually fewer LS5s made than LS6s...not a LOT fewer, but still makes them "rarer" then the LS6

I actually owned a real LS5 way back in the late 70s and drove it to high school for a while.

That guy sure has videoed a lot of 70s that are being wasted....even one in central OK. I was way more interested in the 65 Z16. Now that's 4 speed G body Malibu rare! I remember seeing one for next to nothing in the back of HOT ROD Magazine in the mid/late 70s.

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
An old man around the corner has a '53 Olds rotting away in the woods. It would be perfect for my Gasser project that the '63 88 taking up space behind my garage is holding the engine and rear for. Sadly, it was his first car, and he threw some ridiculous price at me; basically, didn't want to sell it. It's worth nothing, really, especially since the groundhog made his home in the front seat.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
The 70 Chevelle is one of my favorite cars made. That and the same year Canadian Beaumont.
I realize it is aggravating to see this car sit, but what was it worth in 1986 compared to today? What will it be worth in 10 years?
It would be nice to know the story behind it.
Sucks that it isn't in dry storage somewhere.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; This is sad to see. As it takes so little effort store a automobile well to preserve it? I & many here have such a different perspective. Some would say I'm gettin' old, if I signed out tomorrow you would find the Bronze Brick & GuTOo in well preserved condition. If you're inside, jack stands, oil down the carb, unhook the battery & cover. And if you're outside but the damn thing up on blocks of wood (tree stumps) & buy a nice car cover at a swap meet. Or if the car is worth SsOOO damn much you'll never sell it, cant the individual afford a nice new $200 outside cover?? But to just let them set & rot is sicking & stupid from a finical point. Just ramblin' my $.01, not even $.02 cents, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor