LSA/Grand National conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2014
It's coming together. Worked out all the location details and the ZL1 top looks much better than the CTS-V top on this LSA.
Coming together!
91D56BE1-7D30-4A44-A71A-B18A319FE1F6_zpsuzkkkipu.jpg

243E124D-857B-4053-BE3C-C30EF216834F_zpsvmyye4hv.jpg

Ve8r

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2010
I have only one question.......where are you going to mount the parachute?! Looks like your going to need one to stop that beast.

I have a vintage air unit in my 88 Cutlass Supreme. I have mine mounted completely behind the middle of the dash. It cools the car off quite nice, and the heat works quite well also. I will say the defrost mode absolutely sucks. It takes absolutely forever to get the windshield defrosted.

Does vintage air make a kit to fit these cars now or did you fabricate the firewall plate with extra space for the ac/heater box?

86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2014
I had Nick Micale of Arizona GN do the Vintage Air install. Fantastic work.

86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2014
Update. Plumbing done!
turbos_zps6c44c363.jpg

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Any photos of the fabrication?

I've never seen someone run turbos with a supercharger before, are there any concerns around doing this?
What special modifications have to be done to the engine and fuel system?
That's a lot of boost going in there... is this mill built to handle 1200+ hp? :lol:

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
88hurstolds said:
Any photos of the fabrication?

I've never seen someone run turbos with a supercharger before, are there any concerns around doing this?
What special modifications have to be done to the engine and fuel system?
That's a lot of boost going in there... is this mill built to handle 1200+ hp? :lol:

Dude if you have never seen a turbo and blown car before you gotta see this BADASS looking Camaro on youtube dude it looks awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERh2cWY6Qeg

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but he stated in that video that his engine would make more power if it was just the twin turbos alone and not with the supercharger.
He also stated that he built that car strictly for show and not racing. It will run but is not built for max potential on the track.
Some how the supercharger limits the turbos???

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I dont know nothing about it. I just wanted to show you a badass camaro lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor