Mac-Ink's 79 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Awesome pics of the car, Tony.
It looks great. The color really does it justice.. 8) The wheels are awesome... What more can I say. I always thought it was a tastefully done car.
Kudos to you, my friend. :)

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Thanks Jack I hope your wagon is coming along well.

Interior work in progress....

I put a new 'Monte' badge on the dash bezel.
I am replacing all the 'painted' black interior trim with factory black trim.
Adding a compass/temp rearview mirror.
adding LED interior lights.
Re-tinting the t-tops.. how about Mirror reflective tint for the tops?? And adding new seals to them.

After this I am moving to the trunk to finish the floor and design a storage box in the spare tire well and design something where I can strap down the t-tops.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Tony,
The wagon project has been going slow lately. Every time I turn around, there's another part of the car that needs to be addressed. Found some rust in the floor. Mostly drivers side front, and rear. So I've begun the process of cutting out metal and welding in patches. The floor overall is solid...just a few nasty areas.
Also an area in the roof near the windshield frame. I've noticed some bubbling. I was able to poke an ice pick thru it. Patched up that area. Now's the time to catch all this stuff before final painting.

I think the mirror tinted t-top glass would look pretty good. I would first do a comparison on regular dark tint and mirror tint.
So your interior is getting a re-freshing . Did the black painted plastics start bleeding through?
There's no shortage of things to do on the car, even when it's done.
Keep up the good work...as usual. :wink:

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
That is one damn nice looking Monte, everything done very tastefully imo. Similar to the color I'm thinking of doing on my cutlass. What are the wheel/tire specs?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Longroof79 said:
Hi Tony,
The wagon project has been going slow lately. Every time I turn around, there's another part of the car that needs to be addressed. Found some rust in the floor. Mostly drivers side front, and rear. So I've begun the process of cutting out metal and welding in patches. The floor overall is solid...just a few nasty areas.
Also an area in the roof near the windshield frame. I've noticed some bubbling. I was able to poke an ice pick thru it. Patched up that area. Now's the time to catch all this stuff before final painting.

I think the mirror tinted t-top glass would look pretty good. I would first do a comparison on regular dark tint and mirror tint.
So your interior is getting a re-freshing . Did the black painted plastics start bleeding through?
There's no shortage of things to do on the car, even when it's done.
Keep up the good work...as usual. :wink:

yeah there were some pin holes here and there in my floor too.... I did a flat patch and por-15 over them all.

Right now my t-tops have some old black tint that I'm taking off... it looks ok... I might opt for some of that vinyl adhesive with holes in it like on the old sunroofs???

The black painted plastics show the green or grey color when you scratch them wrong.... I scored a whole set of factory black T-top trim, kick panels etc from a member here..

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
duppyconqueror said:
That is a nice street machine, Tony. The interior looks great did it come in that black or did u paint it?

some of it was green and grey.. i painted it all black using SEM prep and Landau black paint.. its good stuff.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
:shock:
:drool:
:notworthy:
And that's all I have to say about your car right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor