PONTIAC Maddog Pontiac Headers Install in 79 GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
After struggling with a 1980 Firebird with headers I have to say a remote mount kit is GOLDEN! You can even use two filters if you want. I don't know if you are going to coat or wrap your headers or not but without a relocate kit ,oil is absolutely going to drip on them every oil change. The only thing I might upgrade to is stainless steel braided hoses.
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That sure is a tight squeeze. But one of the main reasons I am a Pontiac guy is those spark plugs just staring up at you asking to be changed. They say-"Go ahead- we're no trouble at all!".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I like the old Pontiac color. You rarely see it at all but when you do it makes you smile.
IMG_1053_01.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
PT-4049Z is POR-15 Pontiac light blue metallic. The various spray can brands don't hold up very well. This takes a week to dry and then needs engine heat to cure.
p.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor