Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
I use "Race" mufflers on almost all of my vehicles. I have had both flowmaster and magnaflow and like them both for different reasons. I DO NOT like flowmasters 3 and 2 chamber mufflers (Too much "Drone") For high-horsepower or big block applications, I would recommend magnaflow. also, if you like the deeper tone, then definately go with the magnaflow.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
breeaad said:
You picked up a second in the 1/4 with a muffler and tailpipes??? That would be 50-60 hp right?

To the OP, if you aren't running a high horsepower engine, I bet you won't notice a big difference in power no matter which muffler you go to unless it is a track car. I would go by the sound you are looking for. I do like the flowmasters on my stock 307 and on my 350 sbc because they sound good and are not too loud. They are also over 10 years old on both cars and still in great condition and not rusted. I don't think I have ever heard magnaflow's on a sbc so I can't comment.

Idont know about that but the factory exhaust was super restritive and all stock it ran a 17.3x with the exhaust it ran two passes @ 16.5x with a couple of mph added and I said almost a full second to be exact it was .8x

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Another choice is Hooker Aero chamber or Maximum flow mufflers. I went with the Aero chambers, sounds good. The Maximum flow is the high flow by the tests, I saw. It is actually quieter than the Aero chamber too. If you have the stock Olds v8 it will sound mean, has one of the best exhaust notes IMHO.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
anybody have experince with the power sticks?

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Which muffler has the least drown in the cab. esspecially for El Camnos. I already have dual exhaust, but with pretty much stock mufflers. But now that I have built the engine up, I plan on going with bigger pipes and better flowing mufflers.
But I hate the drown that he El Camino gets in the cab, so I want to keep that as low as possible.
Thanks,
Mike :?:

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
then make sure to stay away from the flows I like my magnaflow it dont have any droning in the cab you can hear it but its not droning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor