Malibu frame swap 2dr vs 4dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

pricejap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2015
Grand Island, NE
The frame is all rusted out on this '78 Malibu 2 dr. I picked up a really clean 4dr frame off a I think was a 1980 Malibu years ago and best I can tell they are the same. Is this true? Does anyone know of anything that is different before I start putting everything over on the 4dr frame?

20151004_152549_resized.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The el camino is a longer frame, the 2 door and 4 door and Station wagon use the same frame, the difference between the 2/4 door and station wagon is the body mount location on the rear rails. The 2/4 door frame can be modified to the work on a station wagon and vise versa

Regalman08

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2015
Canada
i gotta ask just because i just bought a 4 door 1984 regal simply for the frame 78'000 kms!!!! 1 owner!! 200 bucks!! anyways i believe the frame is the same as 2 door but can anybody confirm?

pricejap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2015
Grand Island, NE
i gotta ask just because i just bought a 4 door 1984 regal simply for the frame 78'000 kms!!!! 1 owner!! 200 bucks!! anyways i believe the frame is the same as 2 door but can anybody confirm?
Yes it is the same. I have swapped the body over but have not installed the front clip.

Regalman08

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2015
Canada
hey thanks!!! as far as i can tell the inner front fenders (steel) are the same, rad support is the same and possibly floor pan?? the bumpers look like they are same as the previous body style 2 doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor