Malibu frame swap 2dr vs 4dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok you had me worried i bought the 4 door for nothin haha i went outside and looked, i have 2x 1982 regals 3x1985's 1x 1984 and a 1984 4 door and also a 1984 cutlass and the frames are all the same on the front end the difference is the 4 door regal has double or so the length of bumper shock absorbers

so which would have the long front frame rails? monte or grand prix? or could you be mistaking this fact?

Regalman. could you clarify what cars (year and model) are 4 door and which are 2 doors?
Are you saying the bumper shocks are 2x longer on the 4 door regal or the frame horns that the shocks attach to are longer?

I thought that both the Monte and Grand Prix had the longer front rails....I'm starting a list.............when I get positive confirmation.

first time on here but i do need help. I have a 79 cutlass supreme and i'm doing a frame swap from a 87 monte carlo luxury sport. are the frame the same? I get confused based on 78-81 are consider A bodies then switched to Gbodies cause GM started doing front wheel drive cars.

Thank you for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor