Maliburacing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Agree 100% that damm facebook page thing ruined the site.

"Son... it was a time of free thinking.. a time where experimentation was welcomed and encouraged.. a time when people all collaborated together... "

"Was that the 60's, Dad?"

"No, Son... it was the Internet before AOL"

I hold AOL responsible for ruining the Internet.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Anyone remember the Canadian Malibu website ? I was on it back in 2003.
Mich,
I remember the site. I wasn't a member per se, but I did have back and forth communication with Perry Cammisso. *spelling?*
I learned a few good tips from him as well.

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
great news if the people here can help the people there....I personally like the less intrusive nature of forums over the constant barrage of facebook

• Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Mich,
I remember the site. I wasn't a member per se, but I did have back and forth communication with Perry Cammisso. *spelling?*
I remember Perry as well (might have bought parts from him too). Lost touch over the years.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
No real surprise. It was dead for at least a year now. I imagine the MCSS forum will be right behind it.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,

Jack,
I was on that site for a year or a little more and then one day it was gone. I was surprised to see so many Malibus up North. LOL
Lots of people came and left MR. I guess some guys just sold their cars and moved on. Do you remember the young guy that had the low gloss black wagon with the flames on the side ? I cant recall his name but I think he became a cop. And what about Gary from upstate NY ? He was on YB and from what I know he passed away. Guys on the Bullet were brutal when he asked questions. Even when the poor guy died.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I remember Perry as well (might have bought parts from him too). Lost touch over the years.
If I recall, his site was called Malibu North....don't quote me on that...it's a fuzzy recollection. He was definitely ahead of his time.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack,
I was on that site for a year or a little more and then one day it was gone. I was surprised to see so many Malibus up North. LOL
Lots of people came and left MR. I guess some guys just sold their cars and moved on. Do you remember the young guy that had the low gloss black wagon with the flames on the side ? I cant recall his name but I think he became a cop. And what about Gary from upstate NY ? He was on YB and from what I know he passed away. Guys on the Bullet were brutal when he asked questions. Even when the poor guy died.
Mich,
I wasn't a member, but I did follow it for awhile until, like you said, it disappeared.
I do remember that wagon, if it's the same one I'm thinking of. It was on MR. He called it "Lowagon". In fact, that's where I got the idea and inspiration to narrow and tuck my bumpers. His name was Mark and his good buddy had a nice white wagon....i forgot his name. The white wagon was later sold for good money. I think I remember Gary....I have to put my thinking cap on. What did he drive?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
I wasn't a member, but I did follow it for awhile until, like you said, it disappeared.
I do remember that wagon, if it's the same one I'm thinking of. It was on MR. He called it "Lowagon". In fact, that's where I got the idea and inspiration to narrow and tuck my bumpers. His name was Mark and his good buddy had a nice white wagon....i forgot his name. The white wagon was later sold for good money. I think I remember Gary....I have to put my thinking cap on. What did he drive?

Jack,
Youve got a great memory ! Pulled this picture off pro touring. Its from 2004. Mark was 17 when he started the thread. Nice car for a youngster ! LOL
I think I remember the white wagon. Didnt the guy put American Racing Torque Thrusters on it ? Damn, that was a long time ago !!
BTW, ever since I saw this car I wanted flames like that on a wagon.

Boyds2760-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor