Maliburacing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Lowagon's buddy was Stephen Friesen, as I recall.

I tried to buy Lowagon Jr from the guy he sold it to, but the guy was too lazy to do a couple little things to make it trailerable on the highway.
LOWAGONII014sml.jpg

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lowagon's buddy was Stephen Friesen, as I recall.

I tried to buy Lowagon Jr from the guy he sold it to, but the guy was too lazy to do a couple little things to make it trailerable on the highway. View attachment 118568
That's him, Brian.
I should've remembered his name, he sent me a '79 Malibu owners manual awhile back. I remember he sold the wagon and I heard it got wrecked. I don't know how true that story was.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I think this is Friesen's car with a wheel change
ptc066.jpg
ptc065.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
How about Powrwagn?

242589_4_full.jpg

Yeah, I spent a lot of time "right click, save as"ing

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
How about Powrwagn?

View attachment 118571

Yeah, I spent a lot of time "right click, save as"ing

WOW ! I remember that one too. Wonder what it looks like now. Remember the blue wagon with the retractable black roof ? Or how about this one ? I think I saw pictures of it wrecked. Tough going back that far. Im lucky I can remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

21959340001_large.jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The orange one was painted black from the body line down as the rust returned, the ragtop I didn't save pictures of, and the blue one was wrecked and some/most of it was used on another wagon they had as I recall.

There are/were MANY more

blu402mally

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2012
hope a lot of the info on malibu racing can be imported over to this site....I joined mr in2008...and was blown away by all the great G body lovers there......gonna miss it when it turns out the lights

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I was on Malibu racing because I got bored on el camino central cause everyone complaining about how you should leave a gbody el camino stock or be like everyone else and 350 swap it. Sucks it's disappearing. I learned alot of stuff on there and it motivated me to save a 81 Malibu from the crusher at the time. Which is currently my 81 malibu with a regal front end. Definitely alot of cool Malibu's were on there and tons of good information and great deals on parts.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Jack,
I was on that site for a year or a little more and then one day it was gone. I was surprised to see so many Malibus up North. LOL
Lots of people came and left MR. I guess some guys just sold their cars and moved on. Do you remember the young guy that had the low gloss black wagon with the flames on the side ? I cant recall his name but I think he became a cop. And what about Gary from upstate NY ? He was on YB and from what I know he passed away. Guys on the Bullet were brutal when he asked questions. Even when the poor guy died.

I met Gary. He was pretty sick when I saw him, one of the last parts he was selling off was a frame which I bought and is now under my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor