Manual Trans. with cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
hm, I'll have to look and see how mine is set up. The original cruise is there, and it used to work once upon a time... not sure how its routed though. I also don't think it would cut out if you depressed the clutch, so there's that..... Honestly its been down so long I don't remember :(
Please do. I'm interested to hear what you did when you made the swap.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm pretty sure my aftermarket cruise didn't cut out when I pressed in the clutch. The 301's valves floated about 5300 rpm so it wasn't like the motor was going to grenade, though.
We just used a switch on the clutch pedal on my brother's 78 Z28 to cut the cruise when the pedal us pushed in. I'm not that worried about that though.

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
if i may make a suggestion or two; if your wiring has the factory grommet, try and reuse it. its just easier. and install all of your clutch linkage before drilling, that way you'll know where to and where not to drill.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I installed a lot of cruise controls and there needs to a switch on the clutch pedal to disengage the cruise or a high rev condition will occur when you depress the clutch. As I recall the cruise kick off switch was used in conjunction with the cranking engine over only with clutch pedal depressed switch. Think like neutral safety switch.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor