85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a Howe throw out bearing with a T5 WC in my GP. If you were closer I could help you out, I have 2 T5 WC's plus the one in my car

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
pontiacgp said:
I have a Howe throw out bearing with a T5 WC in my GP. If you were closer I could help you out, I have 2 T5 WC's plus the one in my car
I was looking at the Howe's hydraulic throwout bearing, looking at the pictures it looks like it comes with spacers/shims. Is that what they are? If so did you use any/many? Which master cylinder did you use? One thing I was thinking about is there anything that holds the hydraulic throwout bearing in place? I would ask you if you were interested in selling one of the T5's, but the shipping would probably be horrendous :?.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the shims are to get the right clearance with the pressure plate. The instructions cal for a fit with a minimum pressure to zero fit but it's better to have some clearance. I had a slight gap so I used one shim and after a month the clutch was slipping so I took out the shim and it's been good since

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know what the bore is for the LS1 master. I used the F body master and used an adjustable appliance foot for my pedal stop. I put one nut on each side of the firewall and adjusted it accordingly

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
pontiacgp said:
I don't know what the bore is for the LS1 master. I used the F body master and used an adjustable appliance foot for my pedal stop. I put one nut on each side of the firewall and adjusted it accordingly

The bore of the ls1 master is 3/4", the same as the older f-body one. It should work with the Howe's throwout. Only thing i'm left curious about is the length of the braided hose, whether or not the stock one from the ls1 f-body will work. Thanks again for all the help. Sorry for the barrage of questions, but it's saving me a ton of time and money. There's a lot of info out there, but I have only found one write up on someone putting a manual behind an olds 307, and some questions were still left unanswered.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don 't mind helping when I can....I think the price of a F body master is less than the LS1 master

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor