Matte Black GBody??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgutta2345

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2010
Yea I think i'm gonna do the John Deere Blitz, you guys know where I can buy online? And how much would I need to cover the monte? 2 Gallons?

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
heres mine not matte black though its actually high temp black
30941_121672767845597_100000086243094_288567_3112570_n.jpg
15333_105864379426436_100000086243094_151531_11593_n.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I think im gonna get some of that John Deere Blitz for my car!!!

jgutta2345

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2010
If anyone wants to use the John Deere Blitz Black here is something I pulled off another site

Valspar Paint, Makers of John Deere Blitz Black

#1. If the existing paint is relatively good condition (ie. no peeling paint, no large amount of rust, etc) no primer is needed. Scuff sand the existing paint with extra fine grit sandpaper, wipe surface with a clean cloth and then apply John Deere Blitz Black.

#2. If primer is used due to bare metal or minor surface defects, we suggest the John Deere Buff Primer (available in aerosols, quarts and gallons). This is a very "user friendly" formulation that provides good sandability, excellent filling/sealing properties and enhanced corrosion resistance.

#3. A reducer is needed for optimum sprayability and appearance. We suggest the use of the John Deere thinner/reducer (available in quarts gallon and fives). It is formulated specifically for John Deere paints. The mix ratio is 8 parts John Deere paint : 1 part John Deere thinner.

#4. John Deere Blitz Black is an "air dry" formulation...but if you want the paint to dry faster and harder, John Deere has a hardener in their product line. It is available in pints. The mix ratio is 8-1-1. 8 parts John Deere paint (TY25669 or TY6416) to 1 part hardener (REN3001) to 1 part John Deere thinner (PT158).

Some more info...the exact same formulation is used in the aerosols as in the quarts/gallons. This helps with touch-ups and is critical in low gloss applications such as the Blitz Black.

If any more information is needed, please contact me. I would also be very willing to discuss any paint questions directly with Jade at Moto-Edge.

Regards,

Shawn Mahady
General Manager
Aftermarket Specialties
phone 612-375-7942
e-mail [email protected]

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
jgutta2345 said:
1. If the existing paint is relatively good condition (ie. no peeling paint, no large amount of rust, etc) no primer is needed. Scuff sand the existing paint with extra fine grit sandpaper, wipe surface with a clean cloth and then apply John Deere Blitz Black.

How we usually do this at work is 320 on a DA and then red scotchbrite. fill any chips with icing or sand the chips out if any. 8)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
67rstbkt said:
-83MONTESS- said:
I think im gonna get some of that John Deere Blitz for my car!!!

I was really close to doing the blitz black deal, but chickened out at the last minute and did gloss black. Here's a link to a place that sells blitz black online:

http://www.shopgreendealer.com/paint.aspx
I would LOVE to do gloss black on my car but with it being my daily driver and me being in college at the moment its more fun when I dont have to worry about messin up the paint with the primer it has right now!

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
83MONTESS said:
I would LOVE to do gloss black on my car but with it being my daily driver and me being in college at the moment its more fun when I dont have to worry about messin up the paint with the primer it has right now!

I hear you on that one; I forgot how much of a pain it is to keep a black paint job looking good, lol

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
67rstbkt said:
83MONTESS said:

I hear you on that one; I forgot how much of a pain it is to keep a black paint job looking good, lol
Yea right now when I scratch the paint I just touch it up with some primer laying around in my garage and its good to go!

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
axisg said:
1979ratrod said:
a while ago my friend showed me some pictures of a guy who panted his monte in bed liner, can anyone get the link?

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/u ... 529&page=1

long post but he ended up with 2 coats of bedliner on the car, check out the last page for the most recent pics IFAIK. Not something I would do but to each his own

looks like he sold it. Some more pics in this thread. It looks like stucco

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/u ... Post840190

I like Monte Carlo SS, but the bed liner paint the guy used is freakin ugly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor