Mcss floor shift help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
so last week i scored a console and shifter for my mc my question is i need the brackets to the cable that bolt to trans so i was do n some research and im seeing that there still some linkage rods that go to the trans selector where the cable hooks up what are thos for ?

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
image.jpeg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Last edited:

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
What trans in there currently? Your trans cable bracket doesn't look right. The linkage rod from the trans lever goes to the column shift arm in the engine compartment. That doesn't look right either.

They probably have what you're looking for.
http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1083&p=1
Actually this is not my trans pic i found it in a search but did a search to see brackets i needed and seen a few pics with the linkage rods and cable i did notice when i pulled the column from the car it had a rod go n to end of column

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
The car i pulled the console from had the trans already removed so wasnt sure if other than the bracket that holds the cable if i was missing anything else

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Actually this is not my trans pic i found it in a search but did a search to see brackets i needed and seen a few pics with the linkage rods and cable i did notice when i pulled the column from the car it had a rod go n to end of column
I was wondering if that was your setup or not. That one looks like a mess.
Just make sure you get the right bracket for the transmission you're using. The one for a 200-4R is different than the one for a TH350.
What transmission is in your car now?? The reason I ask is because a 200-4R uses a different cable than a TH350. ..ask me how I know.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
I was wondering if that was your setup or not. That one looks like a mess.
Just make sure you get the right bracket for the transmission you're using. The one for a 200-4R is different than the one for a TH350.
What transmission is in your car now?? The reason I ask is because a 200-4R uses a different cable than a TH350. ..ask me how I know.
Th350 can u send me a pic or link of the braket i need if possible

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm assuming the shifter was from a later Monte Carlo with 200-4R. If so, you not only need the cable bracket that goes to the pan, but also a shift cable for a TH350.
I currently have a 200-4R shifter in my car connected to a TH350. It works okay, but the gear selection is a little soft. In other words it goes into the right gears, but you don't feel a positive click.
You can purchase the new cable from RockAuto...and check out the link I sent you for Dixie.
That's where I bought the cable bracket.

You can try reusing the cable boot from the other cable. They don't supply them with a new cable.

Here's the link to the bracket. http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM00414&d=1083&p=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor