"Mean Streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
82Calais said:
I used to drive a 4 door olds diesel. Good cruising machine.
maybe when the weather is nicer you could capture some picturesce photos of the landscape where you live?

of course, it would be my pleasure.
but i can start by telling you, that everything, is white outside.
I even had to start my snowmower, in order to get the car out today. The youngest boy had to go to a birthday party.
so I had a barrel of fun, driving sideways most of the way.
overhere, drifting comes natural in the winter! hehe

I have actually found an original 81 olds, like my own, but with the factory diesel engine still under the hood.
the old man is selling for 2000$. wish I had the money, it wouldnt take long, before it would be parked here, and danm what the woman says!!

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
pappa_wolf said:
82Calais said:
I used to drive a 4 door olds diesel. Good cruising machine.
maybe when the weather is nicer you could capture some picturesce photos of the landscape where you live?

of course, it would be my pleasure.
but i can start by telling you, that everything, is white outside.
I even had to start my snowmower, in order to get the car out today. The youngest boy had to go to a birthday party.
so I had a barrel of fun, driving sideways most of the way.
overhere, drifting comes natural in the winter! hehe

I have actually found an original 81 olds, like my own, but with the factory diesel engine still under the hood.
the old man is selling for 2000$. wish I had the money, it wouldnt take long, before it would be parked here, and danm what the woman says!!

And someone with a keen eye, was nice enough to tell me, that it is called a snowblower and not a mower.
thanks for the helping hand, it`s nice to see, that someone is awake, over here it is almost midnight, so I`m going to bed!

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
some work has been done. the generator slowly died on me, one of the diodes gave up, so the charge vent down to 12.5 volt.
not enough to kill the car and not enough to charge the battery properly.
so I vent hunting in the barn. found 7 generators from GM, and a few ford and other stuff.
testet out each and every one. and only one worked.

so that got mounted, and the battry charged overnight, next morning, the starter died. WTF.
startet digging aroungd in the barn again, and finally found one, for a dead 305.
tore the dang thing apart, and replaced the aluminium housing with the one, from the old one.

now I`m praying for better weather (higher temperatures) so we can get rid of the snow.
`cause the car needs a few squarefeet of new steel.

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
Yesterday morning it was -20* F

That's not right. Well below our average for this time of year. Spring can't get hear soon enough.

You made progress on the car & eliminated 2 weak points. You didn't have the luxury of planing for the failures but they are fixed now so give yourself a pat on the back & enjoy some coffee inside where its warm. :lol:

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
lets se, some winter photos!
vinterbilder001.jpg

vinterbilder002.jpg

vinterbilder003.jpg

vinterbilder004.jpg

vinterbilder005.jpg

vinterbilder006.jpg

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
I have spend the last few days, getting rid of the stock frontseats, and the dangerous seatbelts in the front.
took a lot of modifying, of the mounting, since the seats came out of a 1990 opel omega estate.
and the mountingpoint, was of, by 1". so a few brackets were made. still have some adjustments to make, but for now, i`m happy!

out with the old, in with the new.
setebytte003.jpg

could use a good cleaning.
setebytte001.jpg

start measuring and more measuring, and just to be sure, measure again, and again, and again.
setebytte005.jpg

a little modification
setebytte004.jpg

setebytte006.jpg

setebytte007.jpg

and they are in!

setebytte002.jpg

setebytte008.jpg

and they are very nice to sit in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you live in a nice area and with all that snow there doesn't seem to be any snowmobile tracks around there. Do they not use them for recreation or work there? I had to look up what an opel omega estate was since I have never seen one....by wiki it's a sister to the cadillac catera which we have over on this side of the lake so those seats should be comfortable and they look good.

pappa_wolf

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2010
over here, allmost everybody have a snowmobile, but it needs a numberplate, as it is a motorbike, by norwegian government defenition
and as so, it has specific places it can be used. arround here, we have 19 tracks, most of them in the woods.
and only one offroadtrack, for 4x4.
since I have children, the snowmobiletrack are going behind the house.
everybody arround here are skiing, my boys are asking for snowboards

I`m taking the weekend of, so that I can have some time with the boys. they are helping me clean the car, and give it an oilchange.
after I put the new frontseats in, it has been a whole new experience to drive it.
I`m having way to much fun! hehehe

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
I like the seats, they look very comfortable. If I lived there I could ski very often & not tire of it. Nice Pictures. In the summertime it must be wonderful. Where I live its very flat & very few trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor