Mechanic in Riverside,CA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
I am having trouble finding a mechanic to swap out my tired V6 to a 350 SBC in my 82 Regal. If anyone on here from the Riverside, CA area know of a mechanic or a shop please let me know. Thank you guys.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ever think of doing the job yourself, for the savings you can do alot more on your car......plus you'll know the job is done right.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 users

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
ever think of doing the job yourself, for the savings you can do alot more on your car......plus you'll know the job is done right.... :popcorn:
I actually thought of that because I know there’s a bunch of how to’s on the inter webs and books on how to do it, but I feel like I’ll be spending more if I F something up and Plus I don’t have a hoist or the tools.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
start a thread about the engine change and guys in here can help you out with every detail....for the tools once you buy them they are yours, pay someone else to do the job you are paying for their tools and you lose out on a learning experience that will last you a lifetime

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
start a thread about the engine change and guys in here can help you out with every detail....for the tools once you buy them they are yours, pay someone else to do the job you are paying for their tools and you lose out on a learning experience that will last you a lifetime

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Yea I think I might just do that. I just looked up engine hoists. For some reason I figured they would be way more expensive.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Have you considered the implications of messing with the emissions equipment? It may be no more than a cat and an A.I.R. pump, but KA is going to require them to be there. 82 should be pre-computer, I believe...

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Have you considered the implications of messing with the emissions equipment? It may be no more than a cat and an A.I.R. pump, but KA is going to require them to be there. 82 should be pre-computer, I believe...
I did. The last mechanic I spoke with said that either way we go it won’t pass smog if we swap the engine, but I know a couple smog places that will finesse the results haha.

• Optimistic

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
82 should be pre-computer, I believe...

Oh no no no. '82 is like soooo computer. GM developed their first ECM system here in Cali, starting in '79 with some Iron Dukes and Buick V6s, then all '80 models already. Everything was CCC nationwide for '81.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor