Mega shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbait17

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2019
If I recall, you would actually retain the bracket that connects the backdrive rod to the selector shaft on the transmission. Then you would add the lever that comes with the shifter and attach the shift cable to that. ..if that makes sense to you. Doing it that way retains the use of the stock reverse light and neutral safety switch. No wires to cut and splice. You might have to run a lead for the shift indicator light...if supplied, of course.
Did your shifter come with an instruction sheet? It should cover that information.
If not, as suggested, go to the B&M site and I'm sure they have a PDF with the instructions.
Ok thank u for ur help and detailed instructions, I’ll for sure post pic when I’m finished

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ok thank u for ur help and detailed instructions, I’ll for sure post pic when I’m finished
Good luck, man. It pretty much boils down to common sense. It's not difficult. If I can find pics of what I mean, I'd gladly post them.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank guys you been a lot of help, keep the tips coming lol. Everything seems to line up I just need to add some spacers to the back bolts of the shifter. I do have the manual valve body so I will always be shifting gears. They pic are awesome. I’m really just trying to find the easiest way to install this shift so anything helps.
When I had my old shifter in place, I made a spacer using a piece of square tubing. I just drilled it for bolts. It beats having to stack up a bunch of washers.
Or even if you had the factory floor shift mounting bracket, I'm sure you could bolt the shifter to that with maybe a slight modification.

Fishbait17

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2019
When I had my old shifter in place, I made a spacer using a piece of square tubing. I just drilled it for bolts. It beats having to stack up a bunch of washers.
Or even if you had the factory floor shift mounting bracket, I'm sure you could bolt the shifter to that with maybe a slight modification.
Yes that helps a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor