Monte Carlo Clip on an El Camino

Cutty78

Apprentice
Feb 19, 2013
Mobile,AL
The "El MonteLac".....I like it. i've seen 87 Mnte LS frontends on wagons and Elky's,but never a '78.....that's my other favorite Monte frontend. Good job!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I've seen your car in your signature but until now I thought it was just a front clip swap and never realized how involved the swap actually was. Great Job.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
when I started reading this, I really didnt think Id like the looks of that monte front end... By the end Id say your really pulled it off! I like it!!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
when you gonna finnish it???? :wink:

Attachments

• monte79elco.jpg
    monte79elco.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 5,688

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
84cutlassjuggalo said:
great build and i love the treat of seeing the ae86 on top of the monte, too bad it's a t a junk yard :(
Mike P said:

Just wanted to save some other poor soul with OCD about 3 hours of google searching...
Thats an 85 laser with a missing bit of rear fender bump rail and broken corners on the tail light lenses...
No, seriously, 3 hours of looking at shitty 80s hatch backs. I know the comment was from 2011 and I know it really dosent matter what the car is but it bugged the heck out of me that I couldnt place it...

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
yeah i was gonna mod the t-tops from one(laser) to my el camino 8) fyi they are the PERFECT donor measured right up,rear pillar post slnt,etc!!! a guy beat me to it though and built it up with a sick *ss hemi!!!

Dec 8, 2013
Mike P said:
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I've been driving it daily for over 6 mounths, took it on a 4000 mile vacation and just generally enjoying it.

2hyaoog.jpg

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
the ghoul said:
84cutlassjuggalo said:
great build and i love the treat of seeing the ae86 on top of the monte, too bad it's a t a junk yard :(
Mike P said:

Just wanted to save some other poor soul with OCD about 3 hours of google searching...
Thats an 85 laser with a missing bit of rear fender bump rail and broken corners on the tail light lenses...
No, seriously, 3 hours of looking at shitty 80s hatch backs. I know the comment was from 2011 and I know it really dosent matter what the car is but it bugged the heck out of me that I couldnt place it...

Wow. I can't believe at one point I thought that was an 86.To be young and foolish. I am glad to say I have come a long way and just looking at the 1/4 window I can tell its not an 86 now. Thanks for the clarification.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor