Monte Carlo LED Headlight Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
I did a blue halo light on my 442. Here's what I will tell you. They were glass, a direct fit, and very easy to install. They look good lit up at night. Here is the bad - the quality of the glass was poor. The first night show I went to the glass on the low beams cracked in 2 spots. The lights still work but look like garbage. I paid $129 for the set of 4. Do some research on what you buy and make sure the quality is there so you don't wind up like I did.

Here is a pic all lit up, they still do look good but I need to replace them if I am going to use the car anymore at night:
Blue lit up.jpg I added LED strips behind the grill too.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
If you are running any color on the front check what your local laws are and how stick they are enforced. In my area blue is emergency only, red is rear only. Green is first responded medical private car only. I do not know if anyone gets caught for this but it is what the law states.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
The ones I got the blue LED's are wired separately. tkruger is correct about the laws regarding colored lighting. I have mine hooked on a switch and only turn them on parked at shows, never while driving.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
The ones I got the blue LED's are wired separately. tkruger is correct about the laws regarding colored lighting. I have mine hooked on a switch and only turn them on parked at shows, never while driving.

Are you happy with the quality? If so, what brand? Do the regular headlights work better than stock? My low beams are terrible.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Are you happy with the quality? If so, what brand? Do the regular headlights work better than stock? My low beams are terrible.
Not happy with the quality. I got them off eBay. You get what you pay for. They are brighter than stock however.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Hay welcome back. Haven't seen you around in a while. Quite a few new Iowa guys around now. Hope all is well with you and your car!

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Well I have never had issues with mine bought from ebay but the problem you have is that you got black housing and it doesn't reflect the light as well as the chrome ones so your light quality will be suck.The ones I had were the chrome projector ones and I had 35w hid kit and my lights were bright as hell like having high beams on so switch to the chrome ones if you want your Headlights to light brighter these are mine and my boy headlight.

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,624

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Sorry this is my boy car his doesn't have hids but mine does and we have his halo wired with the signal lights so they blink when the signals are on.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,437
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor